Tuesday, October 2, 2007

New Recipe Tuesday and other stuff


Today is new recipe Tuesday. I am going to be trying out a new recipe called Mediterranean Chicken and Pasta from my new Southern Living 2003 Annual Recipe cookbook my friend Linda from NC sent me. I will let you know how it comes out. Sounds yummy though.
I also thought I would share another card I made with you all today. The technique I used for this one is called rainbow double and was from the Aug/Sept Technique Junkies newsletter. The stamps used were from Alluring Impressions. To make the circles in the middle of the flowers, I punched circles from card stock and added Crystal Effects to them which really makes them pop. I hope to get to try some new techniques from the new Oct/Nov TJ newsletter soon. Right now I am on a mission to find a foam brayer which is needed for a few of the techniques I want to try though. I bought one on ebay a week and a half ago but it still has not arrived and the seller will not get back me about where it might be so I have a feeling I may never see it. I hate sellers like that. I don't think they will be easy to find locally but I am still hopeful I will find something that will work before Saturday so I can try one of the new techniques that requires a foam brayer to make my moms birthday card.
Tonight is the vote off on Dancing with the stars. I think Wayne should definitely be the one to go home we shall see though. In my opinion Julianne and Heilo are on the top again with Sabrina and Mel close behind. I finally watched the season premiere of HOUSE last night one of my favorite shows. That episode was freaky but a good one though.
Yesterday I finally finished a teddy bear sweater I started a few years ago when I decided to take up knitting. I had put it away to work on easier things for a few years but took it back out a few months ago to try and finish it. I had a bit of a hard time trying to figure out how to do the neck but I finally figured it out with a little help from a client of mine and knittinghelp.com. I would highly recommend that site to anyone that needs knitting help. It has really helped me to learn how to knit. I hope to post pictures of it soon. It looks great on my bear Emily though. Well that is about all from here for now. I am off to walk on the treadmill before I cook. Have a good night.

No comments: