Happy December. Hope it is warm where you are. We set a record for the warmest November on record but last week it was freezing here. Winter has definitely arrived much to my dismay.
We ended up having to keep our current health insurance. It was the best option for us even with a $500.00 increase on the deductible. Because there were no better options I am not going to keep the direct medicine doctor. It did not make sense to pay out of pocket to see him on top of having to pay so much for health insurance especially since he was not willing to work with me. My only option right now is to see the physicians assistant in the last doctors office I went to until they get a new doctor hopefully in the New Year. Until then hopefully I can just manage my pain the way it is now and we won't need to see anyone else because I really need a break from doctors for now.
My dad ended up falling in front of my parents house the week before Thanksgiving. He was not able to get up on his own and nobody was there to help him. It was also cold and snowing that day so he was out in the elements for almost an hour yelling for help. (He does not have a cell phone) Thankfully a neighbor a few houses away had gone out to brush off his car heard him and came to help him up and into the house. He called my sister to tell her what happened and she offered to come over and help him but he said he was going to wait for my mom to get back and sat in his wet clothes because he was too scared to move. My sister called me after that to tell me what happened and thankfully I knew where my mom was (she has a cell phone but does not keep it on) so my sister called where she was having lunch with friends but they had trouble finding her because there were lots of groups of older women having lunch. They finally found her so she raced home to help him. My mom said he was freezing when she got there and looked pretty bad but he was okay. On my suggestion he is now wearing a Life Alert in case it was to happen again. I am sure it had to have been terrifying but thankfully he is okay.
I hope you all had a good Thanksgiving. Ours went well. We had my family over as usual and Emilia and I did all the cooking again. Emilia decided she wanted to have a pretty table this year too so she went out and bought all the decor and this is what she came up with. I think she did a great job.
The Gilmore Girls Revival premiered the next day. Emilia and I stayed up waiting for it to start even though it was 1:00 am our time. We spent the next 3 days watching it, I didn't want to watch them all at once because I needed time to process it all. Unfortunately my initial reaction was disappointment. I think I was so excited for it to be back again that my expectations were too high. We have watched all 4 episodes again and this time we have a different perspective on them and liked them much better this time. Hopefully if you are reading this and are a fan of the show you have watched it by now if not scroll past this because I am going to share my thoughts about Winter in this post and then the other 3 episodes after that so 1 a month.
1. I felt that the acting especially in the first part of winter between Lorelai and Rory seemed forced, almost like they were just reading from the script. The interaction between them wasn't the same.
2. I loved how Lorelai watched Lifetime Movies.
3. I found the whole Paul thing really odd.
4. I loved Kirk and his new Oooober service.
5. I found it really odd that Jason was at the funeral for Richard but Christopher wasn't.
6. The story Lorelai told about Richard catching her in the poolhouse with another boy besides Christoper at 15 didn't make sense. I always thought Christopher was her first love? Maybe she just made that up to piss off Emily.
7. Paris was great as usual but was sad to see her and Doyle were divorcing. I also wish they would have given her another career. I thought the surrogate thing was kind of stupid and I definitely do not want Luke and Lorelai to have a child now.
8. I was surprised to see Rory with Logan. I liked them together but do not like that he has a fiance and is seeing her too. I really want to know why they have that arrangement and who's idea it was. I also want to know what she has been doing all this time in more detail.
9. Did anyone else notice that Sookies house was Lane's now?
10. Loved Emily. Kelly Bishop is an amazing actress and fell right back into that part as if nothing had ever changed.
Those are my thoughts on Winter. I would love to hear what you think about my thoughts or if you have thoughts of your own so feel free to share.
Last month I shared the new girl winter onederland themed items with you. This month I wanted to share the boy version. This is the new boy ribbon banner.
This is the whole party package with the matching bodysuit.
We received another great photo of this adorable dog wearing my girl dog crown. Isn't she precious?
apple cinnamon scones are great. They are paleo and gluten free too.
7 hours ago