Saturday, June 20, 2009

Pink Saturday and A Crochet Video

Happy Pink Saturday! The pink items I am sharing with you today are these little pink crochet flowers I made which are very popular right now.
I have been knitting for years but a few months ago I taught myself to crochet too. When I saw the pattern for these flowers on Nicole Heady's blog a few weeks ago I knew I wanted to give them a try. At first I had a hard time figuring out how to do the second layer but I finally got it. A few days later I was over at the Papertrey forum and saw there were some ladies there that were having problems figuring out the second layer too so I told them I would do a video showing how I do it. I don't know the name for the stitch I used but if you do let me know. I think it may be a frontpost or a backpost though. Anyways I hope the video helps to explain the second layer for those of you that were having problems with it. You can find the rest of the pattern here.
Don't forget to go to Beverly's blog to see the list of the other ladies that are participating in Pink Saturday today too.
I am also doing a giveaway in the next post for a package of wood veneer so be sure to check that out as well. I will be back soon with more crafty things to share until then have a great Pink Saturday and I hope you enjoy the video.

12 comments:

Nancy said...

Thank you! I was wondering how to get that second layer, too. Happy Pink Saturday!

♥Mimi♥ said...

Lovely pink blog post! Another Saturday, where I am taking in all of the pink and visiting some of the most lovely blogs in cyberspace. I need the pink this morning, it's all dark and raining outside. So thanks for the uplift☺ Thanks for the crochet tips☺

Wishing you and those you l♥ve a weekend filled with sunshine, good food and many, tender memories.

Glennis said...

Those are wonderful, and especially in such exquisite, delicious colors.

Have a wonderful Pink Saturday!

Unknown said...

Fabulous crochet flowers! Expecially pretty in pink! Thanks for sharing!

have a great weekend

Tina

Mary Bergfeld said...

I don't crochet, so I'm always impressed by folks who do. Have a wonderful weekend. Blessings...Mary

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

I'd love to be able to crochet! Happy Pink Saturday.

Blessings,
Sandi

Claudia said...

Love your flowers - I love to crochet, too! Happy Pink Saturday!

caren@kdottiedesigns.com said...

I tried to teach myself to crochet - no luck. I can knit but crochet just isn't for me. Yours however, is beautiful! Happy Pink Saturday.

Beansieleigh said...

I love crochet flowers in all shapes, sizes, and colors! Aren't they fun to make?!.. addicting even?!! (0; Happy Pink Saturday, and hope you have a wonderful week!

Linda said...

I bow down to you for having the talent to do that. I am impressed.
You make it look so easy. They are very beautiful flowers.
Thanks for the video.

Princess Danell said...

I've been trying to figure out that illlusive crochet flower since Nicole posted the video. Sheesh! Thanks for the tutorial. Im going to give it another try. If I succeed, you get all the credit :)

Cheryl said...

Thanks for the video! I just started trying to learn to crochet and starting that 2nd flower layer was getting me totally confused!