ETA: I decided to enter this project in the Etsy Sheteam October challenge. The challenge this month is to make something for breast cancer awareness. I thought this bag was perfect for that. I even added a ribbon and the word Hope to the back.
The bag is now up for sale in my Etsy shop and 20% of the proceeds will be donated to breast cancer research.
It is time for another Papertrey Blog Hop.
The challenge this month was to go green and reuse, repurpose or recycle packaging from our Papertrey packages. Since the project I made is Pink I am sharing it for Pink Saturday this week too. You can find out more about Pink Saturday and see the list of the other participants on Beverly's Blog.
For this months challenge I knew I wanted to use the clear boxes the stamps come in since I have a ton of them saved from all the stamps I have bought now. I also used some of the white tissue paper for this project that the stamps come wrapped in as well.
This is what I came up with.
I had seen this post on Nicole Headys blog to make bags like these a few months ago. I do not have the Clearly Creative card boxes she used so I substituted the clear stamp boxes I have. They are a different size but they still work. I started by cutting 1 1/2 inches off the top. Next I printed out a grid template my husband created for me on a piece of Stampers select Vintage Cream Cardsock then I used images from the original Guidelines set and stamped them with Berry Sorbet and Spring Moss Ink. When I was done with that I cut the stamped cardstock to fit inside the clear box then put it inside the box. After that I cut some Spring Moss Cardstock the same size as the stamped piece and lined the inside of the box with it. I then added some Saddle Stitched Hibiscus Ribbon for the handles.
I got the idea for the flower from this video on Lauren Meaders Blog.
Once again I had to improvise because I wanted to use the white tissue paper that came with my package and I didn't have the same punch she used. I ended up filling a mini mister with water then I added some Hibiscus reinker and some pink pearl ex. I shook it up really good to mix it then I sprayed it on the tissue paper and let it dry. After that I cut 4 pieces of the dyed tissue paper using my Marvey Mega Scalloped punch then I stamped them with the one of the single images in the Damask Set using Hibiscus Ink. When I was done with that I added a Spring Moss button to the middle of the flower (Thanks Beth!) and attached it with some twine then I stitched it on to the card box and tied it off. Lastly I scrunched up the tissue paper and the flower was created. There are lots of things you could use this little bag for. It would make great packaging for small gifts or you could even use it as a real bag. A cell phone, keys and some money would fit perfectly in it. The finished size of the bag is 41/2 x 6. I am definitely going to be making more of these bags in the future now. I hope you will give them a try too. As always thanks for stopping by!
6 hours ago