Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Three Reasons To Celebrate
























Today I have three reasons to celebrate!
The first reason is, today is my sisters birthday. She loves roses so this is the card I made her. I also sent her a gift certificate from QVC too. The card was made with the TJ Pastel Detailing Technique which was from the Dec07/Jan08 newsletter. The main image is the Thomas Kinkade Rose Garden Stamp. The Happy Birthday saying is from the Papertrey Birthday Basics set. I used SU Regal Rose cardstock and the mesh Cuttlebug folder for the background layer. The Happy Birthday saying was stamped on vellum. To finished the card off I used the SU ticket punch and 4 gold brads.

I also made these for her
The box is an empty Altoid tin that I covered with cardstock that I made. I stamped the single rose bud stamp from Lasting Impressions with Panache with Versamark and then used Pebbles Shimmer chalk to color them. The letters were cut out with the Cuttlebug Baby Face letter dies and white chipboard then I colored them with pink Colorbox pigment ink. I colored a piece of SU 1/4" white Grosgrain ribbon with a Rose Mist (R83) Copic sketch marker and then added it to create the middle band. I finished the box off by adding crystal effects to the letters and 2 small dew drops on the bottom.
The bracelet was made with the 7 gypsies bracelets blanks . I stamped the roses the same way I did on the tin and then added the clear covers over them. That's it I hope she likes it. I won't see her until tomorrow to give it to her though.

The second reason to celebrate is, today is also the 1 yr anniversary of my blog! Even though I have not been able to post everyday like I hoped I would in the beginning I am still proud of myself that I have kept it going this long. I also want to take a moment and thank all of you that have stopped by to visit. It really means a lot to me that you take the time to come by here and see my work and read about what is going on in my life. I really enjoy sharing what I do with all of you and hope to continue to do this for many years to come.

Now on to the third and final reason to celebrate today. Yesterday I got an Honorable mention from Nicole Heady for the Owl bag I made for this months Papertrey Guest Star Stamper contest. This really means a lot to me to know someone like her likes what I made. Sometimes I feel like a small fish in a big pond in the stamping world so when things like this happen it really helps to boost my confidence and makes all my hard work worth it.

Well that's all for now. I will be back soon with more things to share. Thanks again for stopping by and I hope you all have a great night.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

What a fantastic gift to make for your sister - I bet she's over the moon.

C. Sage Deerborn said...

Beautiful card! I haven't tried this technique yet, and now I can't wait to..

Shirley said...

She is going to love all of it. What lovely gifts.

Linda said...

They all turned out beautiful. Roses are so beautiful. You have alot of reason to celebrate. Happy Anniversary on your blog. You have done a fabulous job maintaining it. It's always interesting to see what you come up with each week. You deswerve the honorable mention your bag. It's fabulous.

Keri Lee Sereika said...

BEAUTIFUL WORK TERRIE!!! Have fun trying out the shimmery window tech with the rose garden image... Here is a link to one I did using that tech and image...

http://pinklemonade.typepad.com/my_weblog/2008/06/rose-garden-shi.html

Linda Carson said...

STUNNING artwork Terri!!

Debbie Olson said...

I bet your sister loved these! Congrats on your PaperTrey Honorable Mention too!