Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Something Different


Remember in my last post I told you I was working on something that was not a card? Well here it is, another picture frame for my mom for Valentines Day. I used the same pouncing technique and colors that I used on the last card I made but this time I used acrylic paint from the Adirondack acrylic paint daubers instead. I started by making a sheet of the pouncing background on glossy cardstock When it was dry I glued it on to the frame and cut the middle out with my craft knife. I cut the hearts out of chipboard with my cuttlebug and one of their heart dies then I used my Colorbox petalpoint pigment inks to color them. After that I stamped the sayings using my mixed messages stamps from Papertrey Ink and covered them with crystal effects to get a glossy finish. When they were dry I glued them on to the frame. I finished the frame off by putting a new picture of Emilia and I in it. I am pretty sure my mom is going to love it since she is always asking for pictures and this is something she will be able to look at all the time instead of just another card.
On another note Big Brother is back. It started last night and they have really changed it up this time. Rich has decided he is not going to watch it because it reminds him of a frat party hopefully he will change his mind but I am going to stick with it in the meantime though. Tonight is also the night American Idol picks the top 24. Thank goodness I still have a VCR since they are on at the same time. Hopefully they will put them on at different times in the future though.
That's it for now. I am off to finish up some more valentine cards.

1 comment:

Carolyn King said...

really cute frame (and picture). Love how those shiny words look!