Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mothers Day

Happy Mothers Day to all the moms that read my blog. Yesterday it was a beautiful sunny day here and we went and bought plants for our vegetable garden. We got about half the plants planted yesterday and will do the rest over the next few days. Unfortunately it is a cool rainy day here today so there will not be any planting. It it just going to be another Sunday around here but that's okay though because I think everyday is Mothers Day so I don't need to do anything special to celebrate it. I am just so grateful to have been given the chance to be a mother and have a wonderful daughter like Emilia. I am also very grateful to have an amazing mother too. My mom is a very special lady and I am the mother I am today because of her. In honor of my mother I made her this card yesterday.

I started with this weeks Mojo Monday Sketch
I also incorporated Dawns color challenge this week too.
I colored the sprig of flowers from the Life set with waterbased markers then spritzed them with water and stamped them on hot press watercolor paper. I stamped the sentiment from the Heartfelt basics set with Smokey Shadow and Hibiscus Perfect match ink on hot press watercolor paper too. I used Hibiscus, Raspberry Fizz and Smokey Shadow cardstock along with a piece of patterned paper from the Raspberry Fizz Mix Paper Pack. Satin Hibiscus ribbon finishes it off.
That's it for now as always thanks for stopping by and I hope you all have a great Mothers Day!

5 comments:

Karen said...

Great way to use the sketch with Dawn's color challenge! I just love those flowers of Lisa's! :>

Verda said...

Very pretty card I just know your mother loved it.

Anonymous said...

Great tutorial, TY and I hope your garden flourishes! xJ

Winter said...

Very pretty! Love the sentiment!

Kim said...

I love the clean simplicity of this card!