Saturday, December 22, 2007

Venting

When I started stamping the first stamps I used in my work were from Close To My Heart and I really loved them. Unfortunately right after my husband created Cards By Terri for me as a place to sell my cards from I found out that I could not sell the cards I made with CTMH stamps that way because they did not have an angel policy that allowed that. I ended up leaving Close To My Heart over this and made sure that any stamps I used in my work in the future came from true angel companies after that, so this is what brings me to my rant.
I have been seeing a lot of cards made with Stamping Bella stamps on people's blogs lately and finally decided that I needed to get some too. Before I ordered the Bella's I made sure to look over their angel policy and saw that they had some restrictions that would not allow me to sell my cards the way I wanted. Because of that I emailed Emily, the creator of Stamping Bella, asking her if it was okay to sell my cards made with her stamps on my website and Etsy. Unfortunately, I got an email back from her this morning saying that she was not comfortable with that. When I asked her why she said that she said it was because end users could not put a copyright on cards made with her images on websites. I wrote her back and told her that I was more than willing to do that and if I did would she change her mind about this. Unfortunately, I have not heard back from her about this yet but am hoping that is because she is just busy and has not gotten to the email. I have been very upset about this in the meantime though. I cannot believe I am going through this again and just do not understand how people can have angel policies like that. I am not trying to take anything away from these people, I just want to use their stamps in my work and be free to sell what I create. What is so wrong with that??? I am really hoping that she will change her mind about this so I can use them how I want. In the meantime I have been emailing other companies who's stamps I already have about their angel policy to make sure they are okay with me using their stamps how I want. So far, I have gotten a lot of good responses and have added them to my list of stamps I use in my work, so that makes me feel better knowing there are still a lot of good stamping companies out there with true angel policies. I am hoping Stamping Bella will be one of those companies too. Thanks for listening if you are still reading this. I would love to hear your opinion about this too. I will let you know what happens. I am off to stamp and relax now.

2 comments:

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

I totally agree with you. Why the heck do companies bother selling stamps if people can't use them the way they want. Totally ridiculous!

Ret said...

Hi Terri, I was looking over your blog & have come to this post. I totally understand how you feel & I agree with you 100%. I don't understand them, honestly. You would think they would be happy to get their images out there for people to see, to generate more business for them in the long run.
It truly makes no sense to me either!!!