Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Happy Hanukkah



Tonight is the first night of Hanukkah. It is really early this year but Emilia is very excited. She loves lighting the candles and eating gelt, which is chocolate candy wrapped in gold foil to make it look like coins. She also enjoys playing dreidel too. I will post a picture on the eighth night of Hanukkah of the menorah when all the candles are lit for you to see but in the meantime I thought I would share some Hanukkah cards I made with you all in the meantime. These cards were made with the metallic alcohol roll technique from the Oct/Nov Technique Junkies newsletter. I used denim and mushroom alcohol inks and silver metallic mixatives. The images are a retired set from The Angel Company and were colored with my Copic sketch markers and Copic spica glitter pens to give them some sparkle. I also sewed the borders using the blanket stitch on my machine. This was the first time I sewed on a card. I was having a lot of problems getting the edges to match up but I think I finally got them to look okay. If anyone has any tips for sewing on cards let me know. Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

No comments: