Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Colorful Happy Holidays



This is my Holiday Card this year. I got the inspiration for it from Dave Brethauers book Card Design. I am not use to making cards this simple but I am actually very happy with it. The tree stamp is from The Angel Company. I colored the trees with my prismacolor pencils and blended with gamsol then added some shimmer chalks as well but it is hard to see in the scan. I also sewed the border with my mini Janome. I had a really hard time getting a good scan of this card because of all the white in it so I had to take a picture of it in front of a black background. I hope you can see it okay. Now I am free to work with other images that are not holiday related now.
Things here are still kind of crazy though. We have had two incidents in the neighborhood that were kind of scary. The first one happened a week ago Sunday when someone came knocking on our door at 11:00pm looking for help jumping his car. We did not go and help him but still ended up calling the police on him after he came back a second time. I never saw the police show up but when I called to see what happened they told me they found him and it was all legit but the following morning the car was towed by the police though. On top of that my neighbor called me yesterday morning to inform us there were 10 police cars on our block about 2am flashing lights around our house. None of us had any idea that had happened. When I went to check things out I discovered that our side gate and shed were open. Thank goodness our dogs did not get out. Turns out that it was the police that were in our yard looking for a guy that ran from them after they did a traffic stop on him. I am still mad that we were not notified and they left our gate open though. I just hope there will not be anymore incidents.
On a positive note I found out that Big Brother is coming back for a winter season in February. I can't wait for that!
Well that is about it from here for now. Have a good night.

No comments: