Sunday, December 23, 2007

But I Need It............


That could be my motto when it comes to stamps too but this is what Hanna has to say on the card I made with her yesterday. I originally bought these stamps a few months ago from Kristi Ferro who is the creator of Hanna Stamps but did not have time to use them until now. I started with Lauren Meaders Saturday Sketch and used the cuttlebug smoosh technique from the October/November Technique Junkie newsletter for the background. I used my copic sketch markers to color her in and my nestabilities to cut and emboss the scalloped edge and cut the circle. If you have not checked out Laurens blog it is great and very inspiring. Something cool I learned from her blog is to use the nestability dies face down when you cut with them instead of face up. I ended up using the A plate then a B plate, card stock, die face down and another B plate on top. Doing it that way made made it a lot easier to get it through the cuttlebug and there was a lot less cracking too. I am also hoping by doing it this way from now on it will save me from going through so many B plates too.
Well that is about it for now. For those of you that celebrate Christmas. I hope you have a great one.

1 comment:

Lauren (mytime) said...

This is so suyper cool looking!!! I am so happy you got tot the sketch! Ill be in touch more in a few days! A tad crazy here now!