Saturday, November 24, 2007

Grandma and Me


I hope you all had a good Thanksgiving. Hanukkah is just around the corner now, it starts on December 4th this year. Last night I made a gift for my mom. She loves pictures and I took a great one of her and Emilia at our Botanic Gardens when we were there in October. I was looking around Lisa's blog one day and saw she had made a cool picture frame using pearl ex and the essential glue pad and I thought that would be a perfect gift for my mom. I got the chipboard frame from Joann's online. I used the essential glue pad to stamp the glue on the frame and then stippled on 2 colors of pearl ex. After that I used a retired TAC background stamp to add the flowers. I colored them in with my Copic sketch markers and then cut the letters with my cuttlebug using the baby face alphabet dies and chipboard. After that I used a green colorbox petal point ink pad to color them. Unfortunately the scan is washing out some of the color from the pearl ex and you cannot see the shimmery effect it gives off but it does look cool IRL. I hope my mom will like it. I am pretty sure she will and it should be a nice surprise for her. I hope you like it too.

No comments: