Monday, January 15, 2018

December Recap

Happy New Year even though it is the middle of January. It had been very mild and dry here. We had one snow storm since I last wrote but it was not very much. The only reason it stuck around was because it was really cold. As I write this it is snowing and cold again today.  Hopefully it won't last long though.  Hope the weather is better where you are.
December started out pretty quite. Things with my health continued to be the about the same. Thankfully I did not have to deal with any doctors or insurance drama.
Emilia got her esthetician's  License on the 12th.  She worked very hard to get it and we were all very proud of her.
 After looking into her options for employment we decided the best thing for her to do was to start her own business here at home using my old nail room. We spent the remainder of the month redoing it. She still wanted to offer nail services to her clients as well so we kept the nails too. My space got a makeover though.  It was a lot of work because it also doubled as my old stamping studio as well. We ended up giving a lot of things away because we didn't have the room but thankfully we found lots of people that wanted them. It is usually hard for me to part with things but knowing these items will be put to good use made me happy. I will share the full revel with you next month so stay tuned for that.
I am not a big fan of the holidays but Emilia loves Christmas and went a little crazy buying new Christmas Decorations this year. Her big gift this year was a light up Christmas Village which made her very happy.  Rich and I were not going to do presents for each other this year but he ended up surprising me and  and went to the art store and had someone help him pick out all the art supplies on the right which was a very sweet thing for him to do. Emilia got me the writing tins.
I ended up buying the ISKN Slate on the left myself. Even though I have an IPad Pro and love it the thing I liked about this is you can draw on paper with a real pen and then it becomes digital. Unfortunately it has not been easy to use though because it works with magnets and is very sensitive to anything around it and customer support is in France so it is hard to get help. I am still trying to get the hang of it. It has been frustrating though.
I made these Calligraphy pieces on my IPad Pro in the meantime.

Things in our Etsy shop continued to be busy and the Winter Onederland theme was still very popular. As promised here are  some of the  new penguin things I made for the buyer last month along with a photo of the birthday girl.  


These paleo ginger cookies are my favorite. I eat them all year round but they are perfect for the holidays too. Here is the recipe if you want to try them. 
That's all for now hope it is warmer were you are and you are enjoying January. I will be back next month with more to share then. 





No comments: