Friday, February 12, 2010

Friend

What a week it has been. It all started last week when I bought some Cricut Cartridges from a bad seller on Ebay. The seller from CO Springs told me they were shipped but never arrived. After writing countless emails to him that went unanswered I finally got a refund on Monday. I was able to find another great seller on Ebay after that who who was able to get the carts I wanted to me in 2 days and she lived in California. I would highly recommend this seller if anyone needs Cricut stuff.
On Sunday Rich got sick. By Tuesday he was feeling so bad he finally went to the doctor and they said he had the flu.I don't think they knew what they were talking about though because he did not have the typical flu symptoms. On Wednesday Emilia got a sore throat and I started getting one yesterday too. What we have seems to be different than what Rich had though because he never had a sore throat. He finally went back to work today after being off almost a week. Emilia and I are still dealing with it. I am hoping what we have won't last as long as his did but Emilia has been pretty miserable.
We also took our fur baby Lily in to get her teeth cleaned yesterday. I have never had any of my dogs teeth cleaned before because I felt it was just another way for vets to make money but she had a few teeth that were so bad we didn't have much choice. She is a young dog and we didn't want her to end up with other health problems because of this. I was really nervous all week about her having it done and kept wondering if I was making the right decision. Thankfully all went well and they told me we caught it just in time. I intend to brush her teeth a couple of times a week now so we don't ever have to do this to her again. She was pretty out of it when we brought her home but is back to her old self now.
Today I finally have something new to share with you. All this month Papertrey Ink has been celebrating their 3rd anniversary by announcing something new everyday. They have also been having lots of challenges and contests too. With everything that has been going around here I have not had the chance to participate in many of the challenges. I have been working on CPS Sketch 153 on an off all week and finally got it done today. I also incorporated Dawn's color's for Day 9's challenge too because as most of you know I love bright colors

I started by stamping the smaller flower and leaves from the PTI Friends till the end set with Versafine ink on hot press watercolor paper then embossed them with clear embossing powder. After that I watercolored the images with Perfect Match inks. When I was done with that I cut them out and attached them with dimensionals. The letters for the word Friend were cut with my Cricut using the Plaintain cartridge then I added liquid glass for dimension. The Summer Sunrise and Raspberry fizz pieces were embossed with the Swiss Dots Cuttlebug embossing folder. A dark Chocolate button was added to the center of the flower to finish it.
I also wanted to show you a cool new product I was introduced to that would be a great addition to any card. They are call voice stickers. You can find out more about them here. I shot a little video showing how to use them in your cards.

That's it for now. I plan to work on this months technique video tomorrow and hope to be back Tuesday to share it with you. Until then I hope you have a great weekend and thanks for stopping by.

15 comments:

Kim Moreno said...

What a FUN bright card!! Thanks for playing along with us at CPS this week!

Heather P. said...

Wow Terri, this is gorgeous!!

Hope you and Emilia start feeling better SOON! :)

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Hi Terri,

What a beautiful card! I love the colors and the sketch you have chosen to follow too. The card seems to say 'summer'. And do we need it! So sorry your entire family has not been well. As for your dog's teeth, my two had their teeth cleaned about three years ago and they are doing just fine. I am not cleaning their teeth but give them the dental cleaning treats that help to keep up with it. Great to see you back!

Marinette-Scraptherapie said...

ta carte avec ce combo couleurs est vraiment très très belle bravo

Linda Beeson said...

Wow on the wonderful colors you used, love that flower and great use of that CPS sketch.

Cathy Weber said...

That color combination is great. So bright and the swiss dots work so well.

peggysue said...

I am so sorry you have been sick, not a fun week in your household. Hope next week goes much better for you. And that is a sweet card, nice color combinations.

Alyssa S said...

This is a great card! I love the friend sentiment and your use of the color combo :o) Hope you all are feeling better!!

BethieJ said...

Terri I LOVE your card.. that voice sticker is so COOL!!!!
Hope everyone is feeling better!!!

Angy said...

Love the bright colors and that flower - what a great combo! Sorry about the bad ebayer - that is never fun.

Jennifer K said...

Your card is so striking - what a great color combo.

Sharron said...

FABULOUS! Wonderful colors and love the watercoloring and liquid glass effect. I am so sorry to hear your family hasn't been well. Hopefully this next week will be much better! I know what you mean about getting your dog's teeth cleaned. It is often necessary but rather scary and expensive. We put Oxyfresh in their water and try to encourage them to chew on treats that help to clean their teeth. So far I have not had much success with them letting me brush their teeth!

We just got home after being gone since Friday. Just wanted to stop in and also wish you Happy Valentine's Day!

Cammie said...

Hi, Terri! Love the vibrant colors of this card. Hope everyone in your family is on the mend. Sorry about the bad ebay experience. What new cartridges did you get? I just ordered some from Custom Crops this weekend. We'll have to enable each other since we're new Cricket owners.:)

Aimes said...

Hey Terri, so sorry to hear you've all had ill week! I hope you're all starting to feel a bit better soon!
I love your card for the PTI challenge, it's so bright and funky and definitely warms me up a little!
Good to see you back!
x

Lori said...

Hi Terri!! I hope everyone is feeling better!!! Stunning card!!!