Friday, February 19, 2010

Celebrate!

Happy Friday everyone! I am finally starting to feel better thank goodness. It is wonderful to be able to breath through my nose again! I sure hope we are all done with being sick now. I hope that none of you end up getting this bug too because it sure was a nasty one.
Today I am sharing a card I have been wanting to make for awhile. A few months ago I saw this post on Holly Young's blog for how to make a flinging confetti card and have wanted to make one every since. The outside was inspired by a card I saw like it by Julie Warner. It also turns out this card is perfect to help virtually celebrate my fellow Papertrey Peep Carol's birthday which is today too. Happy Birthday Carol! I hope it is a great one! This card would be a great way to help celebrate Purim and Mardi Gras as well.

I started by brayering on the rainbow of color using the Calypso Kaleidacolor pad, Then I stamped the images from the PTI It's a Celebration Set with black Versafine. ink. When I was done with that I cut the piece into 1" strips then attached them to a piece of black cardstock. The dancing women images from Lasting Impressions With Panache were colored with SU markers then cut out and attached. The sentiment is from LIWP as well. A piece of multi colored yarn was added to the ladies hands at the top to finish it off.
This is what the inside looks like after the confetti has been ejected.

Here is a little video showing how the card really works too.

That's all for now. It is suppose to be a cold and snowy weekend here so I hope to get some stamping time in. I will be back soon with more things to share. Until then I hope it is warmer where you are and you have a great weekend! As always thanks stopping by.

16 comments:

Linda W said...

What a fun card! You use some great techniques. The colors are fabulous. Carol should love it. Now I'm off to check out that link for the shooting confetti!!

Ted said...

Love those stunning, vibrant colors! And I had never heard of a confetti card before...so cute!

Anonymous said...

What a funky card, so different. Great job!

Sharron said...

What a fun card! I played your video 3 times just to see the confetti fly! I love all the bright colors. Great job!!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

What a great and colorful birthday card! Love it. I'll have to watch the video when I get home from Florida. Having a grand time here! Thanks for thinking of me.

Aimes said...

What a great card! I love that idea - so cool! And what an appropriate card for rainbow-loving Carol!
x

BethieJ said...

Terri that is so CUTE! I LOVE the colors and how FUN is that confetti coming out... GREAT JOB!!
Happy Friday!!! Glad your feeling better!!

Cammie said...

What a wonderfully fun card!!!

Marinette-Scraptherapie said...

Que c'est original, j'adoooore, super travail, bravo

Diane Jaquay said...

WOW Terri, what a happy, bright, JOYFUL card!

Cathy Weber said...

What an interesting card with such "stand out" colors. The colors fit those images so well! Confetti card, never heard of it but plan to check out your video. Great job.

Rhonda said...

Hi Terri, Glad you are feeling better. Super cute card.

Alyssa S said...

Such a vibrant, fun and bold card! I love how you brayered the background, and the addition of the confetti is perfect for the image!

peggysue said...

Well what could be better on a cold and snowy weekend than that colorful card sitting on your desk! What a cute idea and thanks for sharing the video. Those bright colors just brightened up my day.

Holly Young said...

Thanks so much for the shout out Terri! Your card is so vibrant and pretty, and great job on the flinger! Aren't they fun?

Juliet A said...

Yes, this is a perfect Purim card! How fun/evil!