Sunday, December 21, 2008

HOME


This is another postcard I made for Pat The Wood Veneer Man. I got the inspiration for this postcard from a book my daughter Emilia was reading called Indigo Blue by Cathy Cassidy. Emilia loves her books and she is her new favorite author. I started the postcard by putting masking tape around the edges to create a border. Next I stamped the house from The Angel Companies Welcome Home Set in the middle of the Maple Wood Veneer with Versamark ink then I embossed it with white embossing powder. After that I stamped a retired flower background stamp from The Angel company behind the house and embossed them with white embossing powder too. When I was done with those things I colored in the house and flowers with copic sketch markers RV19, B39,V09,YG17,B24 and Y15 then went over them with a Versamark pen. When I was done with that I painted the background with light blue acrylic paint. When the paint was dry I went back over the flowers and highlighted them with a Taken With Teal marker from SU. After that I painted the bottom half of the postcard with and a Lettuce Adorindack Acrylic Paint Dubber. When that dried I stamped the Home stamp from the Welcome Home set with Versamark Ink then embossed it with black embossing powder. I drew a line under it and wrote in the rest of the saying with a black sharpie. Finally I took off the tape and outlined the border it left with a black sharpie as well. To finish the postcard off I sealed it with some clear Acrylic Matte finish spray.
One another note tonight is the first night of Hanukkah. Happy Hanukkah to all my Jewish readers out there. The American Girl Doll Ruthie was Emilia's big present this year. She has all the American Girl Historical dolls now. If I don't get to post again before Christmas I hope it is a great one for those of you that celebrate it. As always thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a great night.

1 comment:

Becca said...

Terri,
This is BEAUTIFUL! I love the colors, texture, and everything about it! Great job on this!