Friday, December 26, 2008

Be Mine

I hope all of you that celebrated Christmas yesterday had a good one. Since we don't celebrate Christmas we usually go to a movie on Christmas day. This year we went to see Marley and Me. I had read the book so I thought I would be prepared for what would happen in the end but I still ended up sobbing anyways. At least I wasn't the only one crying though. I also could not believe how packed the theater was especially with it being Christmas day and the prices of movies right now. It was still was a good movie if you are a dog lover and followed the book pretty well.
Tonight is another Papertrey Bloghop
The challenge this month was to repurpose leftover holiday trimmings such as Christmas cards or gift wrap and create something all-new! For an extra challenge we were suppose to think out of the box and adapt these items to create a non-holiday project too. This challenge was a hard one for me because we didn't wrap any of Emilia's Hanukkah gifts and did not give gifts to each other this year either so I did not have a lot to work with but this is what I came up with anyways though.
I started by doing the Splitcoast stampers Technique challenge this week which was Faux Silk with a pop. I stamped the heart from the new Heart Prints set with Razberry Fizz ink on some white tissue paper that my stamps came wrapped in then crumpled it up and left it to dry. Next I stamped the heart again on white stampers select cardstock and then cut the smallest heart out. I attached the smallest heart to the underside of the stamped tissue paper and then glued it to a piece of Raspberry Fizz cardstock. After that I matted it on a piece of black cardstock then sewed a green border around the edges with my sewing machine and stamped the Be Mine Saying under the heart with Palette Noir ink. The background layer is a piece of printed cardstock from the Raspberry Fizz Mix Cardstock collection. I am loving the new Razberry Fizz color by the way! For the ribbon I cut out some lime green strips from this Christmas wrapping
I found at the grocery store last week and attached it down the middle of some Raspberry Fizz Luxe Satin Ribbon. After that I cut it into pieces and attached it to the patterned cardstock then added the heart piece in the middle. Finished card size is 41/4x 41/4. Now I have a cute Valentines card all ready for someone special now. I am looking forward to seeing what the others have come up with for this challenge because I bet they had a lot more to work with than I did. I am glad I was still able to come up with something anyways though and I hope it still qualifes for the challenge. As always thanks for stopping by and have a good night.

18 comments:

Latisha said...

really cool!!

Jen Caputo said...

how fun to make the ribbon from the paper! very cool :)

Unknown said...

Cute! What a great idea using the tissue nichole wraps the stamps in to stamp on for that technique!

Unknown said...

Great project!

Lori said...

This is such a fun technique, isn't it? I love how you used the nested hearts and just popped the one at the center. And using the piece of wrapping paper to add to the ribbon was a fabulous idea!

Anonymous said...

Very cute card!

Babies-Beth said...

See Terri? You did it!! It's wonderful!!

Sharon said...

This looks great. Love the bright background with the softer heart center.

Marge said...

I'd say you totally SCORED on the challenge!!! Great job & awesome card!!!

Regan said...

thats very cool!

Ravengirl said...

It looks great for not having a whole lot to work with! And now you have a card ready for Valentine's Day!

calliezant said...

I love that technique with the tissue paper...your project came out great!

Chris said...

beru cute!!

ohradiogirl said...

I like the colors. Nice.

Kimberly Crawford said...

Great card, Terri!! :)

Deanna said...

Super cute, I can't wait to get home and play with my new raspberry fizz!

Donelda said...

Loving that raspberry fizz !!! Great technique...you got 2 challenges at once!! Great!!

Linda said...

It's a darling card!!!