Saturday, September 6, 2008

Layered Collage


I have been working on this card all week. I didn't think I was ever going to get it done. I knew I wanted to do some sort of college with the images but everything I tried was not coming out the way I wanted. Thankfully I finally came up with something I could live with. I did not think it was ever going to happen though. I ended up doing The Layered Collage Technique from the recent Technique Junkies Newsletter using Tattered Rose, Fire Brink and Faded Jeans distress inks. All stamps are from the new Mermaids sheet from Alluring Impressions except for the background stamp. I had to improvise a little by masking the unicorn and then stamping the background stamp over it for the main image. Cardstock is Bazzill Typhoon, Basil Maraschino and SU Blush Blossom. Finished card size is 51/4 x 51/4.
Emilia started ice skating lessons today. When I was about her age my mom, sister and I all took ice skating lessons together. It brought back a lot of good memories for me. Emilia really seemed to enjoy it too. That's it for now. I hope the rest of your weekend is a good one.

No comments: