Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Boards and Beams Key Chain


This is the other project I submitted for this months Papertrey Guest Star Stamper Contest. I got the idea from Carolyn King's blog. I thought it would be cool to make one out of shrink plastic instead though. I started by stamping the country house from the Boards and Beams set on shrink plastic with black Versafine Ink. After that I flipped it over and colored the image with my Copics. When I was done with that I cut the colored image out and punched a hole in it for the key chain to go through then I baked it in my oven to shrink it. I was really happy with how it came out even though it is a little small. I am going to have to play with shrink plastic and my stamps more often now.
I went to place my order last night for the new Papertrey sets I wanted after they released them but could not get in to the website so I went to bed. When I went to place my order this morning one of the sets I wanted was already sold out so I am really bummed about that! I still ended up placing a large order though. Well that's it for now I will be back tomorrow with another LIWP sample. Until them have a great night and thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

Julia Aston said...

What a fun project - I love this PTI house and it's perfect for a key chain! I had trouble accessing their site during the opening also - guess there are just too many of us who love PTI!

Barb Hardeman said...

This is adorable Terri. What a great project...what a great gift idea...