Saturday, January 26, 2008

Just So Hippy..........











Finally, I got a chance to use Melanie Muenchingers stamp set Just so Hippy. Hippo's are a big deal in our family. My daughter Emilia has 6 stuffed ones and my niece has 13 but Lila, Lola and Maggie Lou are with Emilia at all times so when I saw this stamp set I had to have it. I think this hippo reminds me of Emilia's hippo Maggie Lou the most though since she is pink and the biggest of them all. Maggie Lou loves cake but unfortunately Melanie did not have a cake in this set so she has to be happy with the heart balloon for now. Maybe Melanie will have a set with a cake in it for her in the future. In the meantime I am looking forward to playing with the other stamps in Melanie's set too so be on the lookout for more cards with her stamps.
I also got to try Mary Jo's Technostampers Monday lunchtime sketch this week with this card too. I used three different TJ techniques. on it. Technicolor Dye inks is on the left panel. A modified Brayered Spots is on the right. Because I did not have any Stampin spots I used my Colorbox petal point pigment ink pads instead so it is a little different than it is suppose to be, I think it came out okay though. The bottom piece is technicolor dye inks again with a panel of cuttlebug smoosh. The heart balloon was stamped on the remnants of a brayered spots piece and cut out. I used a piece of scrappers floss that I dyed with pink pigment ink for the balloon string. I colored the hippo with my Copic sketch markers. Cardstock is Bazzill. Finished card is 41/4 x 51/2 That's it. Thanks for looking and have a great night.

9 comments:

MJ said...

Great job with the sketch, you really are showcasing those techniques. Love the image and your coloring is awesome. Thanks for playing.

Melanie said...

Great job on this card! Love all the different techniques and pink and brown is one of my favorites color combos!! I will add it to my hippy sightings, thank for the bottoms up! ;)

PS I enjoyed reading about your family's "hippo obsession" haha!

Anonymous said...

This is such a fun card. I love all the elements you used to pull it together. I think this sketch works perfectly to showcase your cute hippo. TFS. Daria

Shirley said...

What a cute stamp and what a really sweet card. I love the colors and the layout too!

rozie640 said...

Adorable card, I am glad I came over to check it out. I can't wait to see what you do with TSSC2 Hey, you have my DOG, that could be our much beloved Sonny. We lost him at only seven years old, he had a horrifying skin condition, but you are holding my dog!

Stacy said...

Oh, that card is too sweet! Everything works perfectly together. Your family hippos are very inspiring!

Anonymous said...

Not good at stamping myself but I hope to try since we've been getting our pictures and scrapbooks together.

Love the hippo!

Lisa's Blessed A Latte said...

Awesome Creation....As always your work is Wonderful!!!

Stampin' Meg said...

oh now who doesn't just love a big pink hippo!!!