Saturday, August 27, 2011

Year of Flowers Gladiolus and a Sketch Challenge

Happy Saturday. I hope those of you on the East coast are staying safe and the Hurricane will not be as bad as they have predicted. We are still hot and dry here. I am really ready to be done with the 90's.
Today I want to share a card with you that I made for the sketch challenge on the Cosmo Cricket blog. The sketch was designed by one of my favorite stampers Debbie Olson. I have admired her work since her days as member of the Technique Junkies design team. Her Copic coloring is amazing and I am continually inspired by her work so I knew I had to play along. Here is the sketch

This is what I came up with

First off I am continuing with the challenge to myself to use all of The PTI Year Of The Flower sets this year so I started by stamping August's flower the Gladiolus. This time I used the mini version though. After that I colored it with Copics. Next I stamped images from the PTI Garden Variety set on Vintage Cream Cardstock with black ink then attached the floral piece. This challenge also gave me the chance to finally use my Circa 1934 paper. All the patterned paper on this card is from that collection. The buttons on the bottom were made with the PTI button dies and Circa PP as well. This may look like just another card but it's not, under the main image I attached a seed pack and tucked in the flap so there is a hidden gift card holder too.

To finish the card off I added some machine stitching, Harvest Gold Satin Ribbon and a black button.
Thanks Debbie for a great sketch! There is also a chance to get published in Cards Magazine by participating in this challenge. I have only been published twice so I would love to be picked. I hope the rest of your weekend is a great one and I will be back soon with more to share.


17 comments:

Kristie W. said...

Beautiful card!! I love all the yellow - it makes me smile :)

Unknown said...

Love this card...great colors and layout.

Camilla said...

Very nice color combo and good work on the sketch!

Tenia Nelson said...

Very very cool!!

Geri said...

So, so pretty, Terri!!!

carol (krillsister) said...

Very nice interprestation of the sketch. Love the color combinations.

~amy~ said...

Very pretty...love your take on the sketch!!

Kim O'Connell said...

This is GORGEOUS! Love your color scheme and your flowers are perfectly colored. Well done!

Sharron said...

Love the colors on this one! And those patterned paper are gorgeous. Your flowers are beautifully colored, as always!

Lisa Elton said...

VERY PRETTY Terri, love the colors!

Wendy ten Hove said...

Very nice! How lovely to send a card like this, which is also a small gift! I like it a lot!!
Hugs, Wendy

Lynn Put said...

This is lovely Terri! The colors, designer papers and details look fantastic!

Kara said...

very nice!

Jen Adcock said...

Oh my Terri, what a work of art! Seriously gorgeous! I can't get over those wee handmade buttons below. so sweet. And the layering of the papers and that killer seed pack is outstanding. Gosh, do you ever inspire me!

Debbie Olson said...

So pretty Terri--you did a lovely job!

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Beautiful! Good luck to you!

BethieJ said...

Terri I LOVE it!! What a FUN sketch!!
Hope your day is GREAT!