Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Thanks A Melon

ETA: This card was selected as the Cup of the Week! Thanks so much Playdate Cafe. I am very honored to have received this award.

Happy Tuesday! I hope your week has started off well. Today I want to share a card I made for this weeks Playdate Cafe Challenge #93

This is what I came up with

When I saw the colors I immediately thought about watermelons. I started by using the Watermelon shaped card template from The Cutting Cafe. I cut the main piece from Stampers Select White cardstock and the layers from paper in this digi pack I also added some petite white pom pom trim from Sugar Pink Boutique, The seeds were cut out of October Afternoon Cardstock and covered with Crystal Effects. To finish it off I added some Raspberry Fizz Satin Ribbon, a black button and a Tiny tag that was stamped with the sentiment from Melissa Bickfords Fruit Fusion Melon set. I think these would make cute thank you notes for a summer party. That's all for now I will be back soon with more to share. Until then I hope the rest of your week is a great one and thanks for stopping by.

27 comments:

Kara said...

so sweet!! love this shaped card!!

Lindsay said...

This is so fantastic Terri! The perfect card for these colors!

carol (krillsister) said...

Just adorable. Love the colors, papers and pom poms.

Lisa Elton said...

Oh my goodness this is ridiculously cute!!!!! Love it Terri :)

Joyce said...

Great card. Such cute details.

Ruby said...

Gorgeous card! Apparently it was Watermelon Day this week too, so great choice to go for! Thanks for playing along with us at The Play Date Cafe this week!

Sugar Pink Boutique said...

This is adorable you're so creative! Thank you so much for mentioning my shop the pom pom looks gorgeous on your card! God bless, Jennifer

Anonymous said...

This is brilliant! Love it to pieces :) Thanks for playing this week at the Play Date Cafe!

Jinny Newlin said...

Oh, I just love this to pieces, Terri! Every last ounce of this couldn't be more perfect! Thanks so much for joining us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

Mad for Paper said...

This is so cute. I love the little seeds. Just perfect.
TFS
Ang

Michele Gross said...

Spectacular!! I love the white trim! Perfectly designed :) So glad you played with us at The Play Date Cafe!

Audrey said...

Love your wtermelon card. Looks so refreshing!

Mara Campbell said...

Cutest card ever!!! I love how you used the pompom trim. Love it!!

Regina Easter said...

Teri, this is beyond YUMMY...the sweetest watermelon ever....love it girl...hugs

Libby Hickson said...

Oh my goodness your watermelon is fabulous!! Thanks for joining us at The Play Date Cafe!

Denise said...

Terri - LOVE this! So fresh and cute - perfect for the challenge this week! Your shaped cards are always so cute and inspire me to think outside of the 5.5 x 4.25. Thanks for joining us this week in the Cafe - it's a joy to have you play along!

Laurel Beard said...

THIS IS ADORABLE! SO CUTE! LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! Sure winner for any challenge you enter (you should enter it into the Wee Memories Challenge, which is to use 4 or more colors)

Lynn Put said...

Adorable Terri! I love your take on the color challenge, the watermellon, trim, pretty bow and tag all look fantastic!

scrapsnsuch@gmail.com said...

Fun! That trim is perfect - what a great idea :>)

Erum Tasneem said...

BRILLIANT!!! I had to come by and comment, LOVE LOVE LOVE this! Congrats on winning cup of the week!!!

Sharron said...

This is just the most ADORABLE ever. LOVE everything about it! And look at you--earning the Cup of the Week--huge CONGRATS!!!!

Darcy said...

Congratulations Terri! - Darcy & Judi, Pink Persimmon

Carol's Ink Spot said...

This card is so 'Delicious' and adorably cute!

Amy Kolling said...

This was the perfect cup of the week! What an honor and Congrats to you! Love your photography too!

Geri said...

Terri, Came to let you know I appreciated your comments and was so glad you liked my watering can and Mehndi Medalion card. I have thoroughly enjoyed my visit here! Your cards, handmade flowers, use of templates...It's all fantastic! So many inspiring and beautiful projects! I'll have to come back, I think!!

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Congrats on cup of the week! You totally deserve it for this fabulous card!

Jen Carter said...

Absolutely adorable!! LOVE it!!