Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Signs of Spring

Happy Wednesday. I hope the weather is nice where you are. It is suppose to be in the 70's here the next few days. Here is a photo Emilia took. Looks like Spring is definitely on it's way. Super happy about that!
Keeping with the spring theme,Today I want to share this with you.

I started with the SVG Easter Basket Card file from The Cutting Cafe. I cut the base of the basket out of Vintage Cream Cardstock then I embossed it with the Woodgrain Impression Plate and ran my Chai ink cube over it to make it look like real wood. I created the basket weave pattern on top of gingham digi cardstock that I got from this paper pack. The eggs were stamped with a different PTI background patterns then I embossed them with sticky embossing powder and covered them in glitter. The grass was cut from this SVG file. A piece of crochet lace trim was added to the top of the basket and a couple of butterflies were attached to the handle. I finished the front of the basket off by adding a tiny tag that was stamped with the Easter sentiment from the original PTI Mixed Messages set to a bow made out of vintage seam binding and stitched it to the front of the basket. The inside looks like this

That's it for now. I will be back soon with more to share. In the meantime I hope the rest of your week is a great one and as always thanks for stopping by.

16 comments:

Monica K. said...

Wow, this is sooo cute!! I love the woodgrain detail and I like how you finished the inside too. It turned out so awesome!

Karin Ã…kesdotter said...

WOW! This is SUPER SWEET!! LOve it and your creativity is amazing!

BethieJ said...

Terri this is DARLING! I LOVE how it turned out! Nice job!! and HELLO in the 70s.. LUCKY YOU!! :) I am just hoping we can get out of the 40s soon! LOL!
Have a GREAT day!

Diane Jaquay said...

Terri, this is so ADORABLE!!

Renee said...

Adorable!
Love the Spring to this card!
Gotta check out those svg's...

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Just the cutest basket card ever!

Leigh Ann Baird said...

eeek! This is awesome! Love it!

Cathy Weber said...

This is so cute. The basket really does look like real wood strips. I love it. I think I need some Easter candy right now!

Sue from Oregon said...

Th8is is just darling!!!

Nerina said...

Terri - this is really fabulous! I love the woodgrain you've created - it's *really* amazing (I HAVE to try that!) and your colours are so springy, pretty and fresh! What a fantastic project!

Kay D said...

Oh goodness, I just love this! Super sweet little basket, I love the weaving on the front, the grass, the cute little eggs, just everything!

Jen Carter said...

This is super cute!! Wonderful job decorating and creating this!

Linda said...

You are super creative! This is absolutely adorable. I always learn something from your creations! Sticky embossing powder? Off to Google that one. Thanks so much for sharing with us.

Regina Easter said...

omg omg....this is the cutest ever...I would love to add to the customer gallery over at the cutting cafe...if I can please email the link to this project....thanks hugs

fabriccutups@prodigy.net

regina

Sharron said...

Just ADORABLE! Love the woven basket. Great idea to use the woodgrain IP. And the colors are wonderful. Makes me excited to think it is almost SPRING!

Sue Ann said...

TOTALLY TOTALLY CUTE!!! You are really creating some beautiful things young lady!!!