Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Cupcake Wednesday And A Color Challenge

Happy Wednesday! I hope you are all doing well and enjoying the holiday season.
It is time for the final Peeps challenge of the year and it is my turn to host again. This time I decided to do a color challenge. The colors I chose are
Red, Green, and Purple
This is what I came up with

Inside you will find this

I started with PTI's Favor Box 2 die using SU Lovely Lilac Cardstock. I am so sad they discontinued this color, if anyone has some extra that they don't want anymore let me know I would be happy to buy it from you. After I cut out the box. I pieced together tiny squares of cardstock from the Tinsel and Twig Paper collection then I stitched them together on my sewing machine to look quilted. When I was done with that I backed the inside with some Simply Chartreuse cardstock to cover up the stitching. The flower on the front was cut from white tissue paper and the second size Beautiful Bloom #2 die then I sprayed them with purple chalk glimmer mist. When the layers were dry I put them all together and attached a pearl brad in the center then scrunched and fluffed the layers and attached it to the bag. The ornament was made using this tutorial and some Pure Poppy Cardstock. I stamped the images with Versamark and embossed them with Heat and Stick Powder then I added Martha Stewart silver glitter. 3 buttons and some bakers twine finish it off.

Emilia and I also baked cupcakes again. This time she chose Vanilla with Coconut buttercream frosting. I came up with 2 kinds of decorations to go with them. The first one would be great for a holiday party. I stamped the tree image and sentiment from The Tiny Treats Christmas set then colored it with Copics. After that I made a medallion from more of the Tinsel and Twig Paper. Finally I added a scalloped circle cut from more Lovely Lilac Cardstock then I attached a stick to the back and tied it with a piece of green ribbon.

I also made some fondant Christams Tree and decorated them with tiny sprinkles too.

If you would like to join us for the color challenge I would love to see what you make so be sure to link it up here. That's all for now. As always thanks for stopping by and I hope the rest of your week is a great one!

17 comments:

Leigh Ann Baird said...

This is gorgeous, Terri!

Linda said...

Love it Terri! At first I cringed at the thought of red, green and purple, but this looks fabulous! My DGD would love it. While I was going through paper for cards, I found a piece with just the right combination. Now just to find the time. Love your patched background. Thanks for sharing a really fun project!!

Cammie said...

Terri, I love the colors you've chosen for our last challenge this year. Hopefully, I'll soon have time to create something. Your favor box is fantastic. You have great patience and skill to piece and stitch those tiny squares. Thanks for including more pictures of Emilia's yummy looking cupcakes. I love coconut. I wish I had one of those cupcakes for dessert tonight.

Diane Jaquay said...

This is by far the prettiest little favor box I've seen, the patchwork design is so charming!!!

Sharron said...

Terri, this is wonderful! I always admire your 3-dimensional projects. And the colors are fabulous! i love the quilted look on the box and the beautiful ornament. Yummy cupcake too!!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Love the quilted pattern on your little treat box. The purple really looks wonderful with the red and green! Yummy cupcakes too!

Michele said...

the treat box is gorgeous, i love it! cupcakes look super yummy too! xo

Karen C. said...

The medallion on a stick is just priceless - what a cute idea. I can think of a number of places where this would work so well. thanks for the inspiration.

DF said...

I really like the favor box - the paper is so neat! The cupcake topper is cool too!

Rhonda said...

Love the color combo! Can't wait to try this for the challenge.

Angy said...

I love how you did the paper piecing. Looks so fabby... What a wonderful job! So pretty.

Sue Ann said...

Hey there love the cupcakes and the fondant trees ... too cute!!! Love the box and the colors are so perfect!!!

Unknown said...

Wonderful! I hope you and yours are having a wonderful Holiday! Keep warm!

Monica K. said...

Beautiful patchwork box! I love the stitching. The cupcakes look yummy too. :) Great job!

BethieJ said...

Terri this is WONDERFUL! I LOVE the colors! Your ornament! and the cupcakes look DELISH!!!
Hope your day is GREAT!

Nerina said...

Looks like all kind of good things are happening at your house Terri! The favor box is beautiful - the patchwork is gorgeous and so detailed ... and the cupcake ... I always get a growly tummy at your blog :0)

Jen Carter said...

YOur box is so cute! I love the purple with the patterned paper you chose!