It is the 25th of the month which means it is time for another Papertrey Bloghop
This month the challenge was to create a card that has the "total package". This project also qualifies for the Moxie Fab World Start To Finish Challenge and I think the Caardvarks Red Heart Challenge too. This is what I came up with.
I started with the Click Simple Be My Valentine In Shape Template By Kim Hughes. I have been putting off buying this template because I really wanted it in SVG to use with my new Cricut but gave in and bought it in the PDF for this project. I started by cutting the heart with the arrow template out of some Hibiscus Burst Cardstock. Next I punched various 3/4"squares from the Simple Valentine Patterned cardstock and Sweet Blush Cardstock. After that I arranged them in a random pattern and glued them on to the base heart, then I trimmed around the excess. When I was done with that I machine stitched the whole thing creating a quilt pattern. Next I stamped the sentiment from the Heart Prints Sentiment Set on some Stampers Select White cardstock using Momento Black Ink. I then matted it on a piece of Pure Poppy Cardstock that I cut out from a scalloped long rectangle Nestabilities die then I attached a pure poppy button in the corner. Finally I added some Making Memories pink glitter to the arrows with a glue pen.
When you open the card you will find this.
I started by lining the inside with more Simple Valentine Patterned Cardstock. After that I punched a 1 3/4" Sweet Blush circle then I cut around it making a curlycue. When I was done with that I attached both end pieces to each side of the opened card. Next I cut the letters and the heart out of Pure Poppy Cardstock using the Plaintain School Book cartridge in my Cricut. After that I added dots with a white gel pen and liquid glass to the letters and heart. When they were dry I attached them to the spiral with glue dots so when you open the card they will spell out I (love) U.
On the back I stamped the tiny heart cluster from the Simple Valentine Set with the New Raspberry Fizz Pigment ink and added more pink glitter to the back of the arrows.
To finish the whole package off I created a matching envelope by stamping the long heart image from the Simple Valentine Stamp Set on the side of the envelope
using the new Hibiscus Burst Pigment Ink. I am still not sure how much I like the new ink formula because I had a hard time getting even coverage on the larger stamp with it but I do like the colors. If anyone has any tips on how to get things to stamp better with the new ink let me know.
That's it for now. I look forward to seeing what everyone else has come up with. As always thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a great night!
25 minutes ago