Saturday, January 2, 2010

Happy New Year and Pink Saturday

I hope you all had a great start to the New Year! Rich, Emilia and I ended up watching UP on Pay Per View and loved it! If you have not see it yet I would highly recommend it. Yesterday we all went Ice Skating at out Local Rink. Emilia and I skated together will Rich played drop in hockey. It was a lot of fun and Emilia even told me it was her best day ever! I would have to agree it was a great way to start 2010 off.
Today I am back participating in Pink Saturday. I did not get a chance to join in last month mainly because I did not have anything pink or holiday related to share but that should not be a problem this month with Valentines day coming up. Beverly also asked us to share any goals we have for this year today too so I am going to start with that.
I am the kind of person that likes making goals for myself. Even if I don't always meet them at least it helps motivate me to give them a try. Here is my list of Crafty Goals for 2010.
1. To try and get at least 50 more sales in my Etsy Shop or through wholesale/commission orders by the end of the year. (Last April I started working very hard trying to get things to sell in my Etsy shop and was finally able to get 25sales by the end of last year that is why I am doubling my sales goal this year.
2. Try not to be enabled by all the new products that come out this year. Spend Less use what I have more.
3. Spend less time on the computer and more time creating. Make at least 2-3 new items each week to blog about and list in my Etsy shop.
4. Try not to get discouraged when I don't win contests or see others be more sucessful.
5. Continue with my technique videos on my blog and YouTube each month. (Last year this was my number 1 goal and I am proud to say I accomplished it!)
6. Feature other crafters work on my blog. (If you are interested in being featured let me know)
7. Try not to be such a perfectionist with my work. Don't make things so complicated. Learn how to simplify!

Now on to my share for today. I originally made this item to enter in a box challenge on Ted's blog but I didn't finish it in time. I thought it would still be a great thing to share for today's Pink Saturday Post though.
Continuing with my love of houses I introduce to you The Little House Of Love Box


This base of this box was made with 2 of The My Timeless Template It's On The House using Sweet Blush Cardstock. After I put the boxes together I taped them back to back to create the house. Next I used some cardstock from the new Simple Valentine and Red Bitty Dots Patterned Cardstock to decorate the sides. After that I stamped the windows from the HomeMade set on Stampers Select White Cardstock using Vintage Tea Dye and Sweet Blush Ink for the curtains then I cut them out and attached them to the sides of the house. On the back of the house I added a Red heart that was glittered. The door on the front of the house is actually a window from the HomeMade set as well. The Love above the door was stamped on another piece of white cardstock then I added some clear glitter. To finish the house off I added some more clear glitter on them top than I tied a pink ribbon to keep it closed. When the ribbon is untied you can see there is plenty of room to add some tiny treats.

That's it. I hope this project has inspired you to start making some Valentine things now too. Also don't forget to stop by Beverly's blog to see the list of the others that are participating today as well. In the meantime have a great Pink Saturday and as always thanks for stopping by. I hope to be back soon with more things to share.

16 comments:

Jacalyn @ rmebathproducts.com said...

I love your goals and I think the one about "use what you have" verses "buy more" is something I need to work on too : ) Your house is absolutely adorable! Happy New Year and Happy Pink Saturday!

Hugs,
Jacalyn

Linda said...

What a darling box house....soooooo cute! I am sure you will obtain your goal this year and congrats on your accomplishments this past year.

Betty said...

Happy Pink Saturday! Good luck with all of your goals. They are certainly all good ones.
That little box is adorable too. I haven't even started to think about Valentines yet!

Heidi said...

Aaww that is so cute! Nice work!

Aimes said...

Super, super, SUPER CUTE! Love your lil' box!
Also love your resolutions too - I particularly like #4 and #7!
Happy New Year!
Aimes
x

BethieJ said...

Terri this is DARLING!!! You did such a GREAT job on it!! I love all your goals for this year! :)
Sounds like you had a WONDERFUL New Years!! :) We loved that movie too!!
Happy New Year!!

IamDerby said...

Terri this is adorable. You did a real nice job with this.

Val said...

Terri, Love the house/box. What a brilliant idea.

Your goals are great. I especially need to follow along with the "use what you have" one.

Happy New Year!

Nadine said...

Terri this is so sweet and adorable! Great job and thanks for sharing!

Diane Jaquay said...

What an adorable little box, just perfect for some Valentine treats! I admire your goals Terri, and I hope you achieve them all :)

CC said...

I love your goals and have set some for myself. I love the one where it says..use what I have. I really need to do that, at least with some of my fabric. I love your little house, it's just as cute as can be.. You're very talented. Happy New Year..may it be filled with blessings..and Happy Pink Saturday.

Nerina said...

Thanks for sharing your goals with us! I hope that you are blessed in persuing and achieving them. Your house is adorable - love the sparkling heart!

Audrey said...

Very Sweet!! I am going to try to make a few to sell at my show in Jan for Valentine's Day. Am coming tot he States for 1 week to see mynew Granddaughter so I will work ont hem this week before I leave as my show is the day after I return. I willbe sending you an attachment on email of a card I made using your technique withthe pearlized paints. The first layer is doen with bubble wrap the second is done iwth the shelp linewe.

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Hi Terri,

Love your little 'Pink' house. Those New Year goals are great too! Good luck and have a great 2010!

Kim said...

This is so cute! I love it!

Nancy said...

Hi, Terri - those are great goals. I'm impressed! Sounds like you work really hard at them, also. Here's wishing you much success in the coming year. :)Nancy