I hope you all had a great start to the New Year! Rich, Emilia and I ended up watching UP on Pay Per View and loved it! If you have not see it yet I would highly recommend it. Yesterday we all went Ice Skating at out Local Rink. Emilia and I skated together will Rich played drop in hockey. It was a lot of fun and Emilia even told me it was her best day ever! I would have to agree it was a great way to start 2010 off.
Today I am back participating in Pink Saturday. I did not get a chance to join in last month mainly because I did not have anything pink or holiday related to share but that should not be a problem this month with Valentines day coming up. Beverly also asked us to share any goals we have for this year today too so I am going to start with that.
I am the kind of person that likes making goals for myself. Even if I don't always meet them at least it helps motivate me to give them a try. Here is my list of Crafty Goals for 2010.
1. To try and get at least 50 more sales in my Etsy Shop or through wholesale/commission orders by the end of the year. (Last April I started working very hard trying to get things to sell in my Etsy shop and was finally able to get 25sales by the end of last year that is why I am doubling my sales goal this year.
2. Try not to be enabled by all the new products that come out this year. Spend Less use what I have more.
3. Spend less time on the computer and more time creating. Make at least 2-3 new items each week to blog about and list in my Etsy shop.
4. Try not to get discouraged when I don't win contests or see others be more sucessful.
5. Continue with my technique videos on my blog and YouTube each month. (Last year this was my number 1 goal and I am proud to say I accomplished it!)
6. Feature other crafters work on my blog. (If you are interested in being featured let me know)
7. Try not to be such a perfectionist with my work. Don't make things so complicated. Learn how to simplify!
Now on to my share for today. I originally made this item to enter in a box challenge on Ted's blog but I didn't finish it in time. I thought it would still be a great thing to share for today's Pink Saturday Post though.
Continuing with my love of houses I introduce to you The Little House Of Love Box
This base of this box was made with 2 of The My Timeless Template It's On The House using Sweet Blush Cardstock. After I put the boxes together I taped them back to back to create the house. Next I used some cardstock from the new Simple Valentine and Red Bitty Dots Patterned Cardstock to decorate the sides. After that I stamped the windows from the HomeMade set on Stampers Select White Cardstock using Vintage Tea Dye and Sweet Blush Ink for the curtains then I cut them out and attached them to the sides of the house. On the back of the house I added a Red heart that was glittered. The door on the front of the house is actually a window from the HomeMade set as well. The Love above the door was stamped on another piece of white cardstock then I added some clear glitter. To finish the house off I added some more clear glitter on them top than I tied a pink ribbon to keep it closed. When the ribbon is untied you can see there is plenty of room to add some tiny treats.
That's it. I hope this project has inspired you to start making some Valentine things now too. Also don't forget to stop by Beverly's blog to see the list of the others that are participating today as well. In the meantime have a great Pink Saturday and as always thanks for stopping by. I hope to be back soon with more things to share.
13 minutes ago