Sunday, October 4, 2009

An Update and a Halloween Project

Once again sorry for not posting anything new in over a week. We all caught a nasty cold virus and were sick all last week. Thankfully Rich and I are over it, Emilia is still coughing though. If anyone has any suggestions to help stop a cough let me know. I have tried everything and nothing seems to be helping much.
Yesterday we decided to go looking for a new camera. I have been wanting one for awhile now but we really were not in a position to be buying any more big purchases right now especially after unexpectedly having to buy me a new laptop last month but Rich decided we should go look anyways. As I'm sure you all know going to look at something really means going buy unless you have a lot of will power when it come to buying things which neither of us have. Anyways turns out Best Buy was still having their 18 month same as cash promotion so we could not pass that up and we are now the proud owners of a Nikon D5000. I have not had a lot of time to play around with it yet but I did photograph my newest project yesterday with it and I am just amazed at how much better my photos look. I would love to hear what you think though so be sure to comment. Now on to today's project.
Since it is now October I felt it was time to make a few Halloween items even though I am not a big Halloween fan. We always enjoy going trick or treating with Emilia but this year she is leaning towards not doing it. There is still time to change her mind though. Anyways I knew I wanted to make something other than a card so I came up with this.

I originally got the idea here but had to made a few changes to the dimensions because I could not find gum to fit. I also added some mini magnets instead of velcro to keep it shut. The base was made with Stampers Select Black Cardstock then I added a piece of patterned cardstock that I made by stamping the dot image from the PTI Retro Background Set on Stampers Select Orange Zest cardstock then colored in the dots with gel pens. Next I printed out the digital Happy Halloween Image that I got from the Cutting Cafe and cut it out with a circle Nestability die. After that I stamped the spider from a retired SU set in the middle of that image and matted it on a scalloped circle cut from some CTMH purple card stock.
Inside you will find this
A perfect pocket to put an 18 piece package of Trident sugarless gum. I think these would make great treats for kids instead of all that sugar filled candy what about you? This gum holder is now up for sale in my Etsy shop if anyone is interested in buying one. That's it for now but I have another Halloween project to finish up tomorrow and hope to share it with you this week too. I also have to get my moms birthday present made because her birthday is this Thursday. I hope to have it done by then and will share it with you then as well. Until then I hope you have a great week and as always thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

Audrey said...

I think your picture turned out great!! I have been wanting a digital camera but alas no dinero here. I would love to have a cuttlebug embossing machine also but that I definately cannot buy here or get the plates for here but I can live without one as I have this long. Hope your little girl feels better soon. Sometimes coughs are the hardest and the last thing to go with a cold.
Be Blessed!!!

Aimes said...

Your pic is super and your project is totally fabulous!! I love it!
Aimes
x