Thursday, August 20, 2009

Celebrations

Today is a day for Celebration. There are 2 things to celebrate today. The first one is my sisters 38th birthday. She is 2 1/2 years younger than I am but seems like the older sister a lot of the time. When we were little she didn't like me very much because she felt like I got more attention than she did but as we grew older we became much closer and are very close now. Even though she only lives about a mile away we still talk on the phone almost everyday. I am so thankful to have her in my life. She has always been a been a big fan of my work and when I asked her what she wanted for her birthday she said she would like some hair clips so that is what I made her.
Of course I couldn't just give her the hair clips by themselves I had to make some special packaging to put them in.
The box was made from Lauren Meaders new small Tucked Away My Timeless Template using Sweet Blush Cardstock. I stamped the roses from the Garden of Life Set on the Stampers Select White mat piece with Sweet Blush ink and used Spring Moss to stamp the leaves. I finished the box off with a piece of pink blush polka dot ribbon and a tiny tag that was stamped with the birthday wishes stamp from the original Mixed Messages set.
I made the barrettes by crocheting the flowers using 2 different colors of floss this time. I colored the snap clips and the buttons with alcohol inks.

She came over this morning to get her nails done and loved it. I also gave her a dozen pink roses as well which are her favorite flower.
Today is also my 2 year blogging anniversary. It is hard to believe that 2 years have gone by since I started this blog. Even though I don't post everyday like I said I would in the beginning I am still happy to be able to have kept it going this long. This blog as become a great outlet for me to share my thoughts and my artwork and I have especially enjoyed meeting other bloggers and seeing their work as well. I would like to take the time now to personally thank everyone one of you that has stopped by and for all the encouraging and supportive comments I have gotten. I hope to continue this blog for many more years to come. I will be skipping Pink Saturday this week because my in-laws will be visiting but I hope to be back Tuesday with something to share for this months PTI bloghop. As always thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a great day.

9 comments:

Sewn Together said...

Those are really sweet hair clips! And roses, too. You're a great sister!

Anastasia said...

these are lovely!!

Audrey said...

LOVE the barettes you made for your sister. There is nothing like a handmade gift!! Wish I had a sister like you! I am an only child so I really miss having siblins.

Cindy Holshouser said...

Those barettes are priceless. The packaging is awsome too but those barrettes - love them!

Cheryl said...

the clips and package would definitely be a winnner for any sister!! beautiful

Ann said...

Congrats on your 2 year blogaversary!
You have a terrific blog and it's always fun to see what creative things you have made. Those hair clips are wonderful. I bet your sister adored them :-)

Melissa said...

What a beautiful gift!

Unknown said...

Wonderful Pink Saturday! Congratulations on your 2-year blogging adventure! And wonderful and creative gifts for your sister!

Lola said...

What a lovely gift and post.