Sunday, June 7, 2009

Star Quilt Card



I hope you all are having a good Sunday. Unfortunately it started raining about noon here. It is has stopped for now but is still rather chilly out.
I was finally able to get something new made this weekend. Or I should say finished. I orginally started working on this card for the Etsy Sheteam June challenge. The theme was Patriotic. I also just found out that Stamp TV is having a red white and blue color challenge this week too but it can't be patriotic. I think this card qualifies for both what about you?
To make the card I started by downloading and printing out some of the free Stars and Stripes and Summer Fabrics digital papers from Gina K. You can get them from the Freebies link on the Stamp TV site. Next I punched out 1 1/4 squares from the cardstock I chose to work with then I went to work piecing the star together on PTI Stampers Select white cardstock. When I was done with that I machine quilted the whole thing. Next I stamped and embossed the Celebrate saying from Melanies Jumping For Joy set with white embossing powder on a square of PTI red cardstock then I faux stitched around it. I matted the finished piece on Papertrey Ink Night Sky Shimmer Cardstock. The finished card size is 51/2x51/2. I also lined an envelope using the directions from this video to go with it too. This card is up for sale in my Etsy shop
Tomorrow my homeschool group meets and we are starting a horse unit study then it is our first week with no school. After that I hope to get some more new things made and then I will be back to share them with you. Until then I hope you have a great week and thanks for stopping by.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good morning, I'm stopping by to say hello. Holy buckets you are so creative and do just wonderful stuff Terri! Wow.

My blog topic today is about a man, a dog, a love story, and a bit about embroidery. Please come by if you have a moment.

xJ
MaidenShade.wordpress.com
DeStash.me
MaidenShade.com

Jan Hoyt said...

beautiful card!!! I love the faux quilt look...except I'm thinking that maybe yours isn't really "faux" since you actually machine stitched it! WOW!

Anyway, I have been playing around with various quilt patterns lately and making cards with them and I love them. I will definitely be case'ing this one...it rocks! Jan Hoyt www.inkerzaway.blogspot.com

FireCracker082 said...

wowza! that is totally gorgeous!! I can't believe it's just paper!

Unkamengifts said...

I love stitched cards! This one is especially terrific!

Linda said...

Looks like a quilt to me!!! It's fabulous. Very patriotic.....makes one proud ot be an American!!!!!!!!

Linda said...

Terri - Just wanted to say that your card is fabulous. Great details. I agree with the others who posted... it looks like fabric.
Linda
http://poppypatch.etsy.com