Friday, March 13, 2009

Domino Barrette

This is something I have been working on for awhile now and am finally getting a chance to share it with you.

I started by stamping images with one of the Guideline Stamps using Versamark Ink and silver embossing powder on 2 domino's. Next I ran Red Line Tape on the side of one of the dominos and stuck them both together then I ran another piece of tape around the sides of both domino's and added clear micro beads. When I was done with that I mixed some Stream alcohol ink and blending solution then painted around the embossed images with a small paint brush. When it was dry I went back into the middles of the images and painted them with Stonewash alcohol ink. When that color was dry I added a coat of Crystal Lacquer over the top to give it a shiny finish and then I set a single micro beads in the middle of each stamped image. To finish it off I attached a barrette clip on the back with more red line tape and hot glue.

Here is a picture of the barrette in Emilia's hair
I will be putting these up for sale in my Etsy shop if anyone is interested in buying them. I also hope to make more of them with the New Guidelines 2 set that is coming out on the 15th.
Tomorrow I plan on working on my technique video for the month so be sure to check back next week for that. Until then I hope you have a great weekend and thanks for stopping by.

3 comments:

Lisa L. said...

This is fantastic and so clever! I would love to see a tutorial.

Beth said...

Oh Terri your barret is a beauty you my friend are so talented.

Linda said...

It looks so pretty in her hair. Great job. Love the colors used also.