Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Dawn's Color Challenge Week 2

I was happy to hear that Dawn McVey is going to continue her color challenges time permitting. These are the colors for this week.

This is what I came up with.

I also used this weeks sketch on the Caardvarks Blog for my layout. This is my first time doing one of their sketches.
I started the card by stamping the tree from the Papertrey Beyond Basics Borders Set with SU Chocolate Chip Ink. Next I stamped polka dots over the branches from the Polka Dots Basics set with SU Taken With Teal and Certainly Celery Inks. After that I added some Certainly Celery Twill Ribbon and stamped it with the polka dot border from the same set. When I was done with that I stamped the sentiment from The Around and About Sentiments Set on a piece of Certainly Celery cardstock with Taken With Teal Ink. The butterfly from the With Sympathy set was stamped on a piece of Stampers Select white cardstock with Taken with Teal ink then cut out and attched to the middle of the circle. The background Taken With Teal piece was embossed with the Cuttlebug Swiss Dots Embossing folder and matted on a piece of Certainly Celery cardstock. The finished card size is 41/4x51/2. That's it for now. Thursday is Emilia's birthday so I will be back then with more things to share then.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love that tree! Really beautiful card!

SmilynStef said...

I do love that tree ... so fun with the polka dots ... great sketch design.

lauren bergold said...

welcome to CAARDVARKS, we're so glad you've come along to play! ♥love♥ this card--so FAB and totally fun!!!