Friday, November 14, 2008

Warm Happiness

Thankfully I made it through my dental appointment without any problems. Unfortunately it was not a cheap visit because I don't have dental insurance. Hopefully all the preventive care will pay off in the long run though.
Tonight Papertrey releases their new stamps for the month. This was one of the projects I made for the Guest Star Stamper Contest.

I started by making the box using Beates tutorial for an A2 box. I used Silver Shimmer cardstock and stamped the snowflakes from the Rustic Snowflake set with CTMH white craft ink then I lined the box with waxed paper. I made the marshmallow snowflakes using this recipe from Martha Stewart. I packaged the cocoa powder in a 4oz square tin that I covered with a piece of Pure Poppy cardstock that I stamped dots on from the Polka Dots Basics Set with CTMH white craft ink. On the bottom of the tin I attached the directions for preparing the cocoa by cutting out a piece of a recipe card with a square nestabilities die.

The tag was made by cutting out an attached circle base of Dark Chocolate cardstock with one of my circle Nestabilities. I stamped the mug from the Warm Happiness set with Dark Chocolate ink then colored it in with Copic sketch marker R29. After that I used another dot stamp from the Polka Dots Basics set to stamp the polka dots on the mug. The sentiment on the inside of the tag is from the Warm Happiness set also. To finish the box off I tied it together with some Pure Poppy saddle stitched ribbon and attached the card tag. I think these would make great gifts for the holidays. What do you think? Hopefully one of these projects I entered will be a winner tonight because I could really use a free set after my dental bill. I will be back tomorrow with the other project. Until then thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a great day.

7 comments:

Holly Young said...

How sweet! This is a wonderful project. Good luck being the guest designer!

Linda said...

It's packaged so pretty. Best of luck tonight.

Miz_Cat said...

Hi Terri this is Cat from RR I loved this and Barb is right. Valentines would be good too. hugs Cat

Kimberly Crawford said...

This is fabulous! Just fabulous!! I love the idea and you presented it so beautifully!!!! Bravo!! :)
and I will have to try those marshmellows!

Sorry about the dentist. yuck!

Debbie Olson said...

Terri--those marshmallows are WAY cute--great job on this project, and good luck!

Bee's Zen Garden said...

Waow, you made those snowflake marshmallows!!?? Pretty cool! Very nice gift, I hope you win a mention (and stamp set ;-))♥

Donelda said...

wow, this is so amazing!! I've made marshmallows before too but they never looked so good as your packaged up gift here!! wow!!