Saturday, November 15, 2008

My other GSS Entry

First off I wanted to say thank you to those of you that left such nice comments on my last post about the cocoa and marshmallow set. I really appreciate all the comments and good luck you wished me for winning the GSS contest last night but unfortunately I was not a winner. I am still hoping to get an honorable mention for one of these projects though. Here is the other project I entered.
This card was made for the quick and simple holiday card category. This card layout may look familiar to those of you that follow my blog because there is another card that I made like it here which was inspired by a card Debbie Olson made last yr. Making simple cards is not easy for me to do but I think this one qualifies though. I started by embossing a Nestabilities square die in the center of a piece of Papertrey Stampers Select white cardstock. After that I cut out another square with the same die and stamped the Menorah from The Mazel Tov set with Versamark ink and embossed it with Silver Embossing Powder then I colored the candles with Copic Sketch Markers B39 and Y13 . When I was done with that I matted the stamped square on a piece of Night Sky Shimmer Cardstock and attached it to the middle of the embossed square. I stamped the Happy Hanukkah saying with CTMH Denim embossing powder underneath it. I finished the card off with a border of Night Sky Shimmer cardstock. Finished size 41/4x51/2. I am off to try and finish another card I was going to enter in the contest but did not finish in time now. I hope to share it tomorrow. Until than I hope you have a great Saturday and thanks again for stopping by.

2 comments:

Linda said...

A very stunning card , love it's simplicity.

Bee's Zen Garden said...

Love your card, I think it is very hard to make simple cards! :-)