Monday, October 20, 2008

Last GSS project and A sweater for Lily

Sorry for not posting this sooner. Time just seemed to get away from me again. Here is the last project I submitted for this months Papertrey GSS contest.
It is a kippa (yarmulke)which is is a thin, slightly-rounded skullcap traditionally worn at all times by Orthodox Jewish men, and sometimes by both men and women in Conservative and Reform communities during services and other religious rituals. You can read more about them here. I stamped the Star Of David Image with the scrolls from the Mazel Tov addition set with Versamark on the Yamulke and then embossed them with silver embossing powder.
I also wanted to share a sweater I have been knitting for my fur baby Lily. I can usually find her sitting by a heater vent when it gets cold so I am hoping this sweater will help keep her warm
.
She doesn't really like it when I put it on her but hopefully she will get use to it the more she wears it. I used the free pattern Need for Tweed Dog sweater and then knitted the flowers and sewed them on. I am not sure if I should add more flowers to the collar or not though. What do you think?
Well that's it for now. Thanks for stopping by and have a great night.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the kippa. Thanks to you I now have the papertrey set. It is good to find ideas for Jewish crafts.

Liz Lee

Orion Designs said...

Both projects are terrific Terri!
Vicki

Anonymous said...

I love the sweater it is so cute. Wish I could knit that well.
Thanks for sharing. And Lily will get used to wearing it.

Linda said...

Cold weather is just around corner for your area. Those are good ways to stay warm. Lily look so cute in the sweater. So sweet of you to make her one. That's cool embossing on fabric. It looks great. Thanks for sharing the information the links also.

Kimberly Crawford said...

Beautiful and congrats on winning GSS-that project was stunning!!!!

Bee's Zen Garden said...

Love what you did with the kippah, I would never have dared to use embossing powder on fabric, but I now will! :-D