Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Exciting News and another Papertrey GSS Entry

First off I have some great news to share today. This project won The Papertrey Gueststar Stamper Contest for best use of the Mazel Tov set last night. I was so excited when I found out I won I could not stop shaking. Being a winner in this contest means so much to me because I have been trying really hard for months now to win. There were many times I thought about giving up entering but I am really glad I didn't and now know that all that hard work finally paid off. It also helps that I love Papertrey stamps and they continue to inspire me make things like this.
Now for another project I entered in this months contest. This is a Snowglobe Giftcard Holder.
I started by stamping the house from the Boards and Beams set on PTI Stampers Select White Cardstock with Black Momento Ink then I colored it in with my Copics. After that I added the fence, door and snow from the Home For The Holidays Set. I embossed the snow with white embossing powder and added lights with my Copics. When I was done with that I cut a circle from a piece of Pure Poppy cardstock with a Coluzzle then I attached a piece of acetate to the back of the opening. Next I drew the base on the circle and colored it with a black Copic. I also outlined the circle with a black Sharpie too. I embossed the saying from the Home For The Holidays set on the base with silver embossing powder then I stamped the snowflakes from the Rustic Snowflake Set on the Pure Poppy cardstock with CTMH white craft ink. After that I added some foam tape around the circle on the backside and added the beads then I attached the house piece. I finished the card off with a piece of Silver Shimmer Cardstock. Finished size is 5x5. Here is a picture of it after you shake it. Doesn't it look like it is snowing?

For the inside I cut 4 slits with a craft knife around the gift card so there would be a way to hold it in. I left the space behind the gift card blank to write a personal message so when the recipient takes the gift card off they will know who it is from. That's it, I am really happy with how this came out. Rich was really impressed with it too. That's it for now. I will be back soon with one more PTI GSS project to share.

7 comments:

Linda said...

I love your house card.....it's so pretty. Great job on the shaker part also.

Shirley said...

You are so creative Terri! This is a really beautiful card and I love every part of it.

Jessica Christensen said...

Congratulations on being Guest Star Stamper! That is so exciting! I thought I would enter this month's contest, but I just didn't have time. I am with you. I love PaperTrey's stamps. You did a beautiful job, and you deserved to win!

www.thebossyquilter.blogspot.com

Beth said...

Oh Terri know I am a little behind but just want to say congrat's you so deserve that guest spot you have worked hard for it.
Love the shaker really it adorable.

Kristie said...

whew! this is really neat!
k

Bee said...

Love this snow globe! Too darn cute!♥

Kim's Life said...

love it!