Monday, May 19, 2008

Hippy Together


I hope you all had a good weekend. It is 84 degrees here right now. If feels like spring missed us and summer is here instead. I love it though because I hate the cold.
I made this for Melanie Muenchinger's Hip Hop Accessories contest. It was not picked as a finalist but I still wanted to share it with you. I started by making a shadow box. There is a great video for how to make one here. After I created the base for the shadow box I stamped the hippos and colored them with my Copics, then I created a mask for them with my Eclipse tape. When I was done with that I used my Copics and my airbrush to create the background. I used a torn piece of cardstock with the airbrush to create the clouds. I stamped the grass from the PTI Pond Life set with SU Always Artichoke ink and Papertrey's Spring Moss ink. I finished the whole thing off by adding the kite from the hip hop accessories set after I colored it with my Copics so it looks like the little hippo is flying it.
That's it for now. Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a great night.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Your hippo cards ar always so adorable.

Niki Estes said...

So cute, Terri!