Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Garden of Life Artist Organizer




This is the other project I made for this months Papertrey Guest Star Stamper contest. I orginally saw something like this made on the Martha Stewart show. Martha used Oil cloth for the outside layer though. I thought it would be cool to use Nicoles idea for stamping on basic Muslin fabric for the outside of my organizer instead. I started by stamping 4 of the Garden of life flowers and leaves on the muslin with the Perfect Match Inks. I used felt to create the inside layer. You can get the directions for making the inside layer here. I added 2 extra inches to mine so after I sewed both layers wrong sides together it would still be big enough after I turned it inside out. I finished the organizer off by adding Berry Sorbet Grosgrain Ribbon to close it. I am happy with how it turned out and can see myself using it often. If you have any questions about it that I have not answered here let me know. Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a good night.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That is a very nice organizer.

Debbie Olson said...

Beautiful job on your organizer, Terri!