Monday, April 16, 2018

March Recap


Happy Spring and Hello March

March came in like a lamb and went out like a lion. It had been in the 80's last week but that all changed last Friday when we woke to snow and cold. It is suppose to be back in the 60's and 70's this week with snow again this weekend. That's Colorado for you though. Both pieces were made on my Ipad pro using Simply Alison Desgin Watercolor brushes. I would highly recommend them. She has a great tutorial on how to use them too.
The month started off pretty well but we got some devastating news about our Sophie girl the middle of the month. I had been noticing that she was having trouble eating for awhile because she kept dropping food out of her mouth, I thought maybe there was a problem with her teeth and looked in her mouth numerous times but didn't see anything. I kept telling Rich something was wrong but he kept telling me she was fine.  I still had a nagging feeling something was not right though so I called the vet to come and look. At first glance she didn't see anything either but then looked again and she found a huge black mass on the back of her tongue. I never would have seen that because her tongue was black. My heart sank, I knew it was bad.  It was in a terrible spot too so our options for treatment were limited. We decided to try CBD oil and something called Peroxicam which is an antiflamatory with some tumor shrinking properties and was the least invasive for her but the tumor was growing so quickly we never got the chance to try the Peroxicam because it had to be compounded. Less then 3 weeks after the vet discovered it on March 30th it started bleeding and we knew there was nothing more we could do because I could not get it to stop. We had to make the difficult decision to let her go. The worst part was she was not ready to go like out other dogs were. Thankfully our Vet was wonderful and came here to do it so she did not have to pass in a vets office. We knew we did everything we could to save her and she had a great life. My hope is that she is at rainbow bridge now running free and not in any pain. She may not be here in body anymore but will always live in our hearts and we will always have wonderful memories of her. I just wish that dogs had longer lives and never had to suffer.

On a happier note my birthday was on the 25th. We went to my favorite place the day before The Denver Botanic Gardens but unfortunately there was not much to see. Last year there was a lot more in bloom. I did get this cool picture inside the arbroium  though.
On my actual birthday I didn't do anything special but I did get these wonderful gifts from my loved ones. The mug came from Blue Sparrow Designs The clipboard came from Snappys Boutique The pencil purse came from Curly Willow Co The Flowers came from Trader Joes, The vegan ice cream came from High Point Creamery. They still don't have my favorite flavor Coconut Ginger but they came up with a new one that I like in the meantime. The gluten free cookies came from Sugar Bake Shop Denver.
My sister, niece and mom bought me this pointed pen Calligraphy Kit from The Postman's Knock. I am excited to learn pointed pen calligraphy now. I also loved the card they got me too.
Things in our Etsy shop were okay. We didn't make anything make new to share with you but I got this great photo from a buyer of her pup wearing one of my dog party hats and matching bowtie. I think they looked great on him.  Hard to believe he is 14. He looks like a young pup.

I was also able to complete a few other handlettering challenges and even did a real watercolor piece too. This one was done on my Ipad pro with procreate for the Lady Boss Challenge using StefanKunz's new grid bundles. They are a big help with layouts. If you have not tried them I would suggest you do.
This piece was done by watching Authentic By Frani's tutorial on YouTube. I had requested she do a Zinnia and she did. Her work is incredible you should check it out, I used a Micron Pen to draw them and Kelly Creates Aqua Brushes to watercolor them.

Finally I made these Paleo donuts. They were really good. Only problem was I was out of vanilla, I bet they will be even better next time I make them with vanilla.
That's all for now. I hope the rest of your month is a good one and I will be back next month with more to share then.

No comments: