Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Christmas Recap

Happy Wednesday. If  you celebrated Christmas yesterday I hope it was a good one. We woke up to a couple of inches of snow so it was a white one for us.  Emilia was thrilled because she loves it, Rich and I not so much. Emilia opened all her presents in the morning and was very happy with all she got. This year it was mostly cooking stuff and books and movies but we are all loving the Karaoke Wii Singing game Sing 4 she got! Rich and I exchanged small gifts before Christmas. He gave me a new Nintendo DS, my other one broke and an art game to go with it. I got him a record.  The rest of the day was a pretty quite one but in the evening we went for a drive to see the lights. Unfortunately not many houses had lights up this year but we still had fun even if it was freezing out at least we were in the car. Emilia and I finished up the night by watching Christmas Vacation, one of our favorite holiday movies. Here are a few photos of the morning.

I have been busy working on Etsy orders again but today I wanted to share a card set I made for one of my nail clients as a holiday gift this year. One day we were talking as I was doing her nails and she was telling me how she likes to send handwritten notes but was finding it hard to find stationary so I though this gift would be perfect for her.
I started with the new Card Wrapper Template from My Time Made Easy. After cutting the base out of Stampers Select White Cardstock I embossed it with the stripes impression plate from PTI. After that I added the top using a pattern from the Dainty Damask paper pack. It is suppose to be sky blue but when I print using Silhouette Studio the color comes out different. If anyone knows a way solve that problem please let me know. After adding the top piece I created the monogram using the digtial images from the Merriest Monograms set  then I cut it out using print and cut in Silhouette Designer Studio and created a black mat.
Inside are 6 matching notecards  which I also created using Silhouette Designer Studio

I gave it to her this morning and she really seemed to like it. Unfortunatley I also found out she is not going to be coming back in the new year because she does not want to drive so far anymore. I was really sad to hear that but she is 80 years old  so I understand. She was  a great client to have for the last 3 years though so I am really going to miss her.
That's all for now I hope to be back soon with a year end post. Until then I hope the rest of your week is a great one.

3 comments:

Leah said...

Beautiful card set! Your DD looked so cute and happy with her cooking gear gift:)

Handmade in Israel said...

That is such a lovely card set. Very smart colours. I am sure it was very much appreciated.

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Happy New Year!
Your card set is so elegant looking. I hope your client loved them.

Lots of snow up here by me! Hoping to get a little card making done before the end of this year.

Take care!
Carol