Friday, November 9, 2012

Shabby Autumn

 ETA: This project was a winner!


Happy Friday, I hope you week has been a good one. I have been dealing with health problems again. Last week it was female problems, this week it was a gum infection. I finally went to the dentist on Wednesday because I was in so much pain. Thankfully my teeth are okay and they were able to treat just the gum without me having to take oral antibiotics. The gum is better but my ear and mouth are still hurting. I am going to see a new ENT next week so hopefully she will be able to help with those things.
Even though I have been in a lot of pain most of the week I still wanted to participate in this weeks Shabby Tea Room Challenge which is to use the inspiration photo below include a pumpkin and make it shabby. I have been wanting to make a pumpkin shaped card for awhile now and when I saw this weeks challenge I knew this was the perfect chance. This is the inspiration photo
This is what I came up with
I started by using the Perfect Pumpkin Card SVG file from My Time Made easy as my base. The digital papers are from the Vintage Points Bright Paper Pack  I reduced them by 50% then pieced them on Vintage Cream Cardstock. The stem was cut from Kraft cardstock then embossed with woodgrain and distressed with chai ink.  I stamped the main image and sentiment from Think Big Favorites #19 then I cut maple leaves that I found in SCAL and attached them in a cluster at the top. Grey seam binding tide in a double bow, a handmade rolled flower with a tiny pearl finishes it off.
I am really happy with how this came out. I hope you like it too. It is hard to believe that Thanksgiving is less than 2 weeks away. This card would be perfect for your Thanksgiving table too. We are expecting snow and cold here starting tomorrow.  I hope the weather will be better where you are and your weekend is a good one.



12 comments:

Cathy McGrath said...

What a great card! I love your papers and the effectiveness of your design.

carol (krillsister) said...

Very Pretty. Love the colors.

Starr said...

Gorgeous creation! I love the paper and the design, it's just delightful! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at The Shabby Tea Room!

lauren bergold said...

what an incredibly lovely and clever card, i adore that pumpkin shape, and the beautiful combination of papers you've chosen! such a beautiful take on the shabby autumn inspiration!

Tracy said...

I just love it! The papers are so beautiful-gorgeous colors. I love how you brought it all together.

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is so lovely!

Tracey said...

Perfect shabby pumpkin card...love the pretty Autumn colour papers. Thanks for sharing your creation with us at TSTR!

Debbie said...

Love your sweet little pumpkin -- the patterned papers are perfect!! Thanks for sharing this sweet little fella with us this week in the Tea Room :)

I had a hysterectomy this past March -- so I feel your pain ... I hope you feel better soon!!!

Maria said...

Gorgeous pumpkin! Love the mix of papers and beautiful label! Hope you feel better soon!

Kim Heggins said...

Stunning pumpkin!

Sharron said...

It's gorgeous, Terri! I love the touch of blue in the orange papers. And the stem looks so realistic. Great job on everything! Hope you start to feel better soon.

BethieJ said...

Terri this is so CUTE!! I LOVE it! Such a GREAT color combo!!!!
Hope your feeling better!
Have a GREAT day!