Monday, April 2, 2012

Happy Birthday Emilia!

Happy Monday! I hope your weekend was a good one. It was in the 80's and beautiful here. It felt like summer. Today we are 40 degrees cooler. That's okay though because we could use some moisture. Hopefully in the form of rain not snow.
Thanks for all the sweet birthday wishes that were left on my last post. They really meant a lot to me. I didn't end up doing anything special but it was still a nice day.
 Today is Emilia's 14th birthday. I know I say this every year but where does the time go? I am just so grateful to have her for a daughter. She is a beautiful girl inside and out and means the world to me.  Since we knew the weather was not going to be so great today we took her to play mini golf and go cart racing on Saturday to celebrate. It was a lot of fun. She even got a hole in one.

 Today Rich had to work so we are just hanging out but will have dinner with my family later. This year Emilia is really into Penguins So in honor of that I made her this card. 
You may remember I made this card which is similar a few months ago. When you pull the tab this is what happens
She loved it. She also asked for another American Girl Doll to round out her collection so McKenna has joined the group which brings the total to 20! She has been collecting them since she was 5 and really enjoys them.
This is how she ended the day. Overall she said it was a great birthday.
That's all for now. I hope your week is a great one and I will be back soon with more to share.

9 comments:

guilinger2 said...

Happy birthday to your daughter! My daughter will be 15 soon, and she also collects American Girl dolls! We really should get together sometime. Since you don't drive, maybe I can pick you up sometime and take you to lunch.

BethieJ said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Emilia!! My Amanda has McKenna on her birthday list too! Sounds like you had a FUN day! and YEAH for a hole in one!! Enjoy your day!!
Terri the card is DARLING!!!!
Have a GREAT day!

Carolyne Aarsen said...

Love the sliding penguin. Adorable card.

Rhonda said...

Happy Birthday Emilia!! Great card Terri!

June K said...

Happy Birthday, Emilia!!! Many happy wishes.

carol (krillsister) said...

Happy birthday to your daughter. sounds like she had a good one. Love the card. so adorable.

Sharron said...

Hope Emilia had a wonderful birthday! Her card is adorable!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

How your little girl has grown! Lovely card you made for her too. So happy you celebrated a few days early as this storm did come down as snow. We rec'd 10 inches here and I'm not sad about it either. Not with all the Red Flag warnings we had earlier. Take care and see you in blogland! Carol

Taheerah said...

Just leaving a quick note for you Terri to thank you do much for your sweet comment and congratulations on my blog!

And this card is a beauty - so much fun!