Friday, February 3, 2012

Hoo Hoo

Happy Friday! We are in the middle of a big winter snowstorm here. This is not anything new for us but for some reason it is making headline news. We have had a lot more snow than this before. I would much rather it to be 70 and sunny. Hopefully it will stop soon and melt fast. Emilia loves it though. This is a photo she took of the snow outside our front door this morning after she shoveled it.
Today I want to share this:
I have been wanting to make an owl gift box for awhile now and finally got the chance. I stared by creating a pillow box SVG file then cutting it out with My Silhouette using Kraft cardstock. I covered the box with scallop strips cut from patterned paper in Amy Jaz designs Fresh Start kit. When I was done with that I made the buttons for the eyes using an image from the Delightful Doilies stamp set and the button dies, then I covered them in Glossy Accents. The crown is made from an SVG file in SCAL covered in angel dust glitter and tiny pearls added to the tops. Pink Pom Pom Trim and Autumn rose satin ribbon was tied around the owls middle. Another hand stamped button and faux stitching finishes it off. I think these would make great gift card holders or party favors. That's it for now. I hope the rest of your weekend is a good one and as always thanks for stopping by.

11 comments:

teachdanz said...

it turned out great!! wow, my kids would love snow! Eugene, OR doesn't get snow very often:-) (btw I have a Westie too, don't you love them!!)

http://teachdanz.blogspot.com

Kara said...

cute!! wow you got a lot of snow:)

Handmade in Israel said...

My kids would love your snow!!! They've never really seen the stuff. It's cold here at the moment but nothing like you have.

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Gorgeous owl!

Cammie said...

Terri, this is super cute. I love her crown! You are the master of 3-D projects. We've had such a mild winter here that today I saw daffodils blooming down the road.

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Terri your owl creation is wonderful. I especially like the crown! After receiving over 2 ft. of snow yesterday I was too tuckered out to create anything from shoveling pathways for our dog. So happy the sun is shining today to at least melt the stuff on the driveway. It will be May before we even see crocuses with all the white stuff around here.

Mara Campbell said...

Your owl is AMAZING!!!! So many wonderful details. So so cute!! And wow, that's alot of snow. Please keep the snow and i'll keep my 70 degree weather!

Sharron said...

Aw, she's ADORABLE, Terri! Love all the wonderful details! Gosh, I've been thinking about you and Carol with all the snow! We had a good rain but snow never got here as predicted. Have a great week!!

BethieJ said...

Terri this is DARLING! I LOVE it!!!! So so CUTE!! WOWY that is ALOT of snow! Please dont send it to me! HA HA!! Hope you get your sunny and 70 soon!!
Have a GREAT day!

Very Verdant said...

How cute is that owl??? Stay warm!

Wanda G (stampcat) said...

OMG this is so adorable!!! I just pinned it to my "owlies" board. LOVE this! Have a great day. Your blog is wonderful! :-)