Friday, December 23, 2011

Snowman Love

Happy Friday. I hope your week was a good one. We had a big snowstorm here yesterday that resulted in about a foot of snow and the delivery of my new release Papertrey order being delayed because of the weather. Thankfully it is out for delivery today though. I could have done without all this show and would much rather it be summer right now but at least Emilia is loving it and she will definitely get her white Christmas. I just hope it does not stick around to long.
Since I am done with all my holiday projects for this year now that means it is time to start working on winter and Valentine things so today I wanted to share this.

Even though I don't love snow, I do love this snowman. I think this would be great way to give a little love this Valentines Day. I started by cutting the pieces of the snowman using this snowman giftcard holder SVG file from Scrapchick and PP from the The Modern Merry Paper Pack . Next I created the Heart banner by stringing the hearts on button twine then I added the PTI block alphabet letters and snowflakes from the Winter Penguin Die Collection with rhinestones added to the middles. When I was done with that I attached the banner to the snowman by threading twine through his mittens and securing them on the back. Finally I finished it off with a white button threaded with red and white bakers twine then tied in a bow and 3 tiny faux black buttons,
Inside there is a perfect place for a giftcard

I also wanted to share the Gingerbread cookies Emilia and I made for her ice skating teacher yesterday. This is how I packaged them up for her. I got the inspiration for the tag here.

We are continuing to celebrate Hanukkah which started on Tuesday night and we will also be opening presents on Christmas day too. Emilia loves Christmas and everything about it so we do it for her. I will be back Monday to share my blog hop project with you until then Happy Holidays and if you are celebrating Christmas on Sunday I hope it is a great one!

6 comments:

June K said...

Your snowman is so darling. I love the colors you used, too. So fitting for your cold winters.

Ingrid Danvers said...

Terri, your snowman card is beautiful and cute. Love it!

Wishing you and your family a Merry Christmas.

scrapsnsuch@gmail.com said...

Adorable snowman!!! Happy Holidays!!! No snow here and I too am thankful ;>)

Mara Campbell said...

What a cute snowman!! I don't really like snow either, but I do love snowmen! So cute with it holding that banner. Hope you have a great holiday!

BethieJ said...

Terri this is DARLING!!! YEAH for PTI arriving!! BOO for snow! I too HATE snow but LOVE snowmen.. :)
Happy Holidays! Hope you had a FUN day!!!

Sharron said...

Adorable snowman, Terri! Love the colors and the banner! We lucked out--the big snows missed us. The temperature this week is in the 50's. I do love to see it snow though--just hate when it gets icy. Wishing you a very Happy New Year!