Hi Everyone. I hope you are all doing well. I can't believe almost 2 weeks have gone by since my last post. A lot has happened since then. Emilia and I started 7th grade full time after Labor Day. There is more work to do now that she is in the higher grades so my stamping time has been limited.
I finally got my new glasses. They are helping but since they are bifocals I am having a hard time getting use to them. I wish I would have gotten 2 pairs of glasses made now. One with the close up lenses and one with the distance ones. At this point I can't afford to spend anymore money on glasses so I will just try to get use to these.
I also have had some very strange things happen with potential new nail clients. The first one came for a mani/pedi. She seemed nice on the phone and was fine when she got here but after I started doing her nails she suddenly said she had to go. In all my years of doing nails I have never had that happened. She handed me $1.00 for what I did and left. Then on Monday I got another call from someone that wanted a set of real gel nails done. She had been going to Asian salons and did not like the product they were using. When she got here I proceeded to put the nails on but I could tell she didn't like them so instead of continuing she left also without paying me a dime. I sure hope this does not become a regular thing. Hopefully the third time will be the charm because I could definitely use some good new clients.
Yesterday ,I finally had a chance to finish a project I have been working on since I last posted. Lauren Meader just released the Shop Around Mega Template and coordinating digi and stamped images in her My Time Made Easy Store. As a lot of you know I love making houses so this new line was perfect for me. Even better she came up with pre-printed scenes to go on the houses too so you can print them out and color them by hand or digitally color them. You can also add or take out other images in the scenes as well. I think it was a brillant idea! This is what I came up with
I started by taking out and adding a few things to the pre printed bakery scene then I digitally colored the images in. After that I added the Ga Ga for Gingham Digital background paper from her store as well. Lauren has a great tutorial showing how it is done. After I had things the way I wanted them I printed them out then added them to the base of the house which was made with Hibiscus Cardstock. The roof was made using Harvest Gold Cardstock then I added more of the Gingham cardstock to the top. Finally I added a piece of Hawaiian Shores saddle Stitch Ribbon. The colors I used were from last weeks Color Throwdown challenge but it is to last to enter now.
Here is a photo collage showing all the sides
This template is great size and would hold a lot of different things but I think it makes perfect packaging for brownies they fit perfectly when stacked.
Emilia and I made these last night. She loves them. You can get the recipe here. I am really happy with how this came out. I hope you like it too. You will be seeing more of these in the future because I have a lot more ideas for things to make with them now. I hope to make this months technique video this weekend and be back to share that with you Tuesday. Until then I hope you have a great weekend and as always thanks for stopping by.
44 minutes ago