Happy Tuesday! Hope you are all doing well and the weather is good where you are. Last Wednesday afternoon we had a pretty big thunderstorm that included some hail. Rich was with Emilia at her skating lesson and I was home with our dogs because Sophie is terrified of thunder. I was downstairs working on today's project and she was hiding under my stamp table. It started getting pretty noisy upstairs so I came up to see what was going on and to shut the windows but didn't notice anything being that unusual. By the time Rich and Emilia got home it had stopped. A few hours later I got a call from my mom saying that they had just gotten home and discovered both of the trees in the backyard of their house (the house I grew up in) were ripped out of the ground. They are only about a mile away from me. This is what happened.
You would think a tornado hit by the looks of it but they said it was just a microburst. There was only 1 other house in the neighborhood that had any damage besides theirs and was on another block. It freaks me out every time I look at these photos. I am just so thankful that nobody was hurt and the house is okay. It is amazing to see what mother nature can do though.
Today I also wanted to share with you the project I have been working on since last Wednesday. I finally got it finished last night. Carol is the host of the current Peeps Challenge which is to make something using inspiration from Mary Englebreit and includes
* Lots of Colors,
* Mixes Patterns,
* Layers upon layers and
* Finishes the inside!
This is what I came up with
I have been wanting to make something with Lauren Meaders Tea For You template for awhile now. I thought this would be the perfect opportunity. Turns out this template was a lot harder then I thought. After three attempts I threw them all in the trash and emailed Lauren to see if she could help me figure out what I was doing wrong. She assured me that the template works and encouraged me to try again. She also suggested I try lighter weight cardstock . That did help but I still had problems getting it to stick together. Finally on my 5th attempt I got it to work where I was finally happy with it. I am really glad I didn't give up. Once I got the base made I added Raspberry Fizz bitty dots paper to the front, back and top of the lid. I didn't have enough to add to the other sides so I added Hibiscus polka dots instead. Rich created the black and white checkerboard pattern for me and I used that for the handle, spout, and sides of the top. The flowers were created using a flower from the PTI Garden Of Life set. I stamped the image scanned it then traced it in Scal and had my Cricut cut them out. I used a white gel pen to create the stitching lines. The middles and leaves were from a Cuttlebug die. The rose on the top was made with the Rambling Rose Cut File using Vintage Cream Cardstock and Sweet Blush, Hibiscus, and Raspberry Fizz Inks. The leave were handcut from New Leaf Cardstock. I also finished the inside of the lid with more Bitty Dots Paper.
I hope you like it Carol! Thanks for a great challenge. I am off to relax now. I went and got my tooth fixed this afternoon and was a wreck before I left but thankfully it was not big deal and I got through it. Now I don't have to worry about it anymore.
I will be back soon with more things to share until then thanks for stopping by and I hope the rest of your week is a great one.
9 minutes ago