Friday, December 11, 2009

My Grafico Blog Hop

It's hard to believe over a week has gone by since I last posted. Time seems to have gotten away from me again. It feels like we have also been living in the ice age for the last few days here. It is suppose to be in the 40's this weekend. These are the days that I miss summer the most. Hopefully it will be here again before we know it though.
Today I am participating in the first My Grafico Customer Blog Hop. Last month I was asked to make some custom birthday cards for a fellow Sheteam members children. When I asked her what kinds of things her kids liked she said dinosaurs and princesses. I have hundreds of stamp sets now but believe it or not I didn't have any of those kinds of images. Instead of going and buying another stamp set I decided to check out the digital stamps My Grafico has and found some great images that would work. This is the card I came up with for her son.

I started by resizing the dinosaur from this set in Word then printed him out on some white cardstock and colored him with my Copics. When I was done with that I cut the dino out and added him to a piece of Kraft cardstock using dimensionals. Next I cut out a circle using a Nestability die then stamped the Happy Birthday Sentiment on it from the PTI Around and About sentiments set. Inside the circle I added her sons age that I cut out from some Kraft cardstock using a Cuttlebug die. After that I matted the dinosaur on a piece of Dark Chocolate cardstock that I ran through my cuttlebug using the Tiny Bubbles embossing folder then matted it on a piece of Leaf Green Cardstock. I finished the card off with some faux sitiching.
This is the card I made for her youngest daughter.

These images are from this set Once again I resized the images in Word then printed them out and colored them with my Copics. After that I added some Martha Stewart silver glitter to them to make them sparkle. When I was done with that I attached them to a piece of black cardstock. Next, I created the background piece by doing the Simple Green technique from the April 08 Technique Junkies newsletter then I matted the fairy piece on it. To finish the card off I personalized it with the birthday girls name using the PTI Simple Alphabet set.
I would highly recommend you check out My Grafico for digital images next time you need a stamp. As you can see their images are wonderful and I look forward to using them more in the future. You can also see the list of the other participants here
I am also entering these in the Caardvarks Digital Challenge
On another note Hanukkah starts tonight so I want to wish those that celebrate it a Happy Hanukkah! I will be back soon with more things to share. In the meantime I hope you have a great weekend and thanks for stopping by.

11 comments:

Cheryl said...

Both cards are great but I especially love the dinosaur. What boy wouldn't like this card??!! Great texture and color.

Rhonda said...

The dinosaur is just way too cute. I'll have to keep that image in mind for my grandson. Both cards are great. 2 lucky kids.

Unknown said...

both are amazing, love your dinosaur card! how cute.

MUJKA said...

love..love your dinosaur card
but both are awesome indeed.

Juliet A said...

The cuttlebug EF with this card is perfect. Any boy would love that card.

Rachel B said...

That dino card is adorable. I think I might have to go get that set now! You did a fabulous job with it! I also love your second card, the lo and colors and images are so great!

Kas said...

GREAT cards!! The dino is my fave!

Cara said...

Super cute, Terri! Wishing you a Happy Hanukkah!!

Sue-ann said...

Love your dinosaur card, it's great!

Dotty said...

Both cards are great. I love the dinosaur card. My grandson would like it since he loves dinosaurs. Stay warm!!!

funkycrafter said...

great cards.