Wednesday, November 25, 2009

November Papertrey Blog Hop And Some Thanks

Tonight is the November Papertrey Bloghop.
This month the challenge was to create a quick & inexpensive wrap or tag that can be the perfect solution for "grab & go" gifts!
Since Hanukkah starts on December 11th this year and Emilia's favorite Hanukkah treat is gelt(chocolate coins), I decided to come up with some special packaging for it. This is what I came up with .
I started with some Raspberry Fizz Cardstock and the pillow box from The Cash or Charge My Timeless template. After I cut out the pillow box I ran it through my Cuttlebug using the Swiss Dots embossing folder. When I was done with that I added a layer of Summer Sunrise to the outside edges.
The main image is a digital image from the Pink Cat Studio called Hanukkah Lily that I colored with my Copics. I hope you all will forgive me for not using a Papertrey stamp since it is a PTI bloghop but when I saw this image I knew it would be perfect for this project. After I was done coloring Lily I matted her on a piece of Summer Sunrise Cardstock that I cut out with a rectangle scalloped Nestabilities die. Next I punched a hole in the top of the image threaded a piece of sky blue ribbon through it then attached it to the box and tied it in a bow. To finish it off I used the PTI Simple Alphabet set to spell out Happy Hanukkah on some more Summer Sunrise Cardstock then cut it out and attached it to the handle. That's it. I think these pillow boxes would be a great quick way to wrap up any small item this holiday season.
On another note since Thanksgiving is tomorrow I also wanted to take a moment say how thankful I am for everyone that has visited my blog and left such wonderful comments. It really means a lot to me to know there are people out there that enjoy my work. As always thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a great day tomorrow.

33 comments:

Frogwoman said...

Cute! I love your coloring job.

BethieJ said...

FABULOUS Terri!!! I LOVE the colors.. and that image is darling! I LOVE PCS images too! :)
Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family tomorrow!

Lori said...

Cute!!

Marge said...

This is A-D-O-R-A-B-L-E!!!

resmith said...

This is so cute! Love the coloring!

Diane Jaquay said...

Cute cute cute!!!

Babies- Beth said...

Terri, I used Simple Alphabet too, but your letters look so much closer together than mine- did you do them one at a time??

lynn said...

love your embossing and coloring!

Rebecca said...

What a fun way to package some treats for your daughter. I really like the addition of the embossing. Great idea!

Linda said...

Very nice. Great image. What a special way to package a gift!

Redbird said...

So nice to see another holiday highlighted! This is really, really cute!

Stampin' Pam said...

Great idea - adorable image - super cute coloring. Thanks for sharing.

Dru said...

This is adorable!!

ashjoy said...

Very nice!

Rhonda said...

What a great idea. love your coloring.

Avril Tanner said...

too cute!

Kim said...

Very sweet way to package up the treats!

Dana said...

Cute project! :) Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!

Nerina said...

This is so cute! Love your colours and colouring!

Karli said...

Very cute & great idea to emboss the holder :) TFS

Donelda said...

great idea to do a hanukkah card!!

Wahinelei said...

I love the color combo that you used! Very bright and festive!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

These little pillow treat boxes are so sweet! You did a great job coloring that sweet little girl image :) TFS

peggysue said...

I love your decoration of that little pillow box, that makes a fabulous container for the coins. I always give the kids bags of coins in their stocking on St. Nicholas Day, they're a lot of fun, aren't they?

Kelly S. said...

What perfect coloring! I love the shape of the box and that sweet little image!

Pamelamma said...

I just love the details from the embossing to the coloring with Copics to the ribbon. What a fun gift for your daughter. She'll love it!

Charlene Austin said...

Terri! This is absolutely awesome! Lucky little girl!

Betsy V said...

Cute little project, Terri!!

Purrfect Paper Creations said...

Very cute!

Ted said...

How cute is this pillow box! :)

Cindy Holshouser said...

This is so sweet. I love seeing Jewish projects because we don't see a lot of them.

Beth said...

Oh Emilia is going to love this darling little Hanukkah treat box with her gold coins in it beautiful job Terri

Cara said...

Hi, Terri! Hope you had a nice Thanksgiving!! This is so adorable! Stop by my blog, I have an award for you http://carasscrapnstampart.blogspot.com/2009/12/over-top-blog-award.html
Also, stop by the DCRU blog, you were a winner in that girly challenge!!
Hugs,
Cara