Wednesday, September 16, 2009

A Sweet New Year

Once again sorry for the lack of posting. This time I have a good reason though. My Dell laptop died last Saturday and I had to get a new computer. This time I got a Toshiba. I sure hope it lasts longer than the Dell did. I only had that one for 2 years. It was really not a good time to be buying something so expensive but thank goodness for Best Buy and their promotions because I have 18 months to pay it off with no interest.
Last night was the finale of Big Brother 11. We were all happy to see Jordan win and even happier to see Jeff get the viewers choice. Tonight is the finale of America's got Talent, I have not had time to watch the final performances but I am still hoping the Barbara Padilla wins. Her voice is just amazing and she seems like a really wonderful person.
Friday night is the start of Rosh Hashanah. In honor of the holiday I decided to make my Nana's honey cake recipe. I even have the pan she use to bake it in.
She passed on many years ago but I have a lot of great memories of her. She was my favorite grandparent. I like to cut the cake into squares
so I decided the My Timeless Template Get a Handle on it would be a great thing to package it in.

I cut a window in the front and added some acetate so you can see what is inside. I used Pure Poppy, Ripe Avocado and Summer Sunrise cardstock. The images are from the Honey Bees and Teachers apple sets to signify something sweet. The sentiment is from The Mazel Tov Set and was stamped and embossed.

I have put this box up for sale in my Etsy shop if anyone is interested in buying one. They can be used for other occasions as well and I can also change the sentiment too.
That's it for now. For those of you that celebrate this holiday I wish you a very happy and peaceful New Year filled with love, good health and happiness. I hope to be back soon with more things to share.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Terri,
Wonderful! You are so talented and creative! I have very fond memories of my grandmother also. Happy New Year!

i'm with the band said...

Darling!

Audrey said...

Hi Terri, Loved the cute box you made. On a computer note I have a Toshiba and I love it. Woks great and we have had it for about 3 years now. We had it serviced about a year ago but so far no problems.
I love all the things that you do and you have such a sweet and giving personality. May God bless you this coming year.