Tuesday, February 10, 2009

CPS Sketch 100

I got so busy with the In The Bag Challenge and Nicole's Card Sketch that I forgot to share the card I made for CPS Sketch 100. There are going to be 2 winners chosen from this sketch challenge and the winners will get their cards published in Cardmaker Magazine. The colors for this card were inspired by Melissa Phillips Dawn McVey Challenge. This is what I came up with
I started by stamping images from the PTI Background Basics Star set using Versamark Ink on Glossy Cardstock then I embossed them with clear embossing powder. When I was done with that I spread some Raspberry Fizz reinker on a piece of acetate and using a paper towel I rubbed the reinker over the cardstock. When I had the whole thing covered I sprayed the cardstock with water and wiped off the ink on the part of the cardstock that was not embossed. When I was done with that I cut the pieces to the size I wanted them, rounded the corners and matted them on Raspberry fizz cardstock. The silver pieces were made by using the Cuttlebug script embossing folder on Silver shimmer cardstock then matted on Rasberry Fizz Cardstock. For the main image I stamped the dotted heart from the Boarders and Corners Heart Set on Vintage Cream Cardstock with Raspberry Fizz ink. The inside heart was made by punching out a heart with the EK Sucess Heart punch from sticker paper and then I cover it with pink glitter. Next I stamped the word love also from the Boarders and Corners Heart set in the middle of the glittered heart with Versarmark Ink and embossed it with silver embossing powder. To finish the main panel off I distressed the edges of the vintage cream cardstock and added some silver cording. I also machine stitched around the embossed pieces with silver thread. The final card size is 5x7. I have never had any of my work published so it would be nice if this was the first thing if not at least I tried and it was a fun challenge. That's it for now. I will be back with more things to share soon.

5 comments:

Connie Fossenier said...

Terrie...love the colors and the cuttlebug pieces you interdisplayed on your card..very creative.
connie paxman

Melissa said...

What a beautiful card...love how detailed it is and so full of interest. Thanks so much for sharing it with me. I love it!
Melissa

Merry said...

This is a lovely card. I like all the stitching and a great layout.

Audrey said...

Great card Terri! I don't have a cuttlebug so I have to cut out everything by hand and also do my embossing with a stylus. Maybe sometime I will go back to the US and buy myself a cuddlebug or a cricket.
I relly enjoy your site.

Clear Cards said...

Nice card, i think the layout for this card is really nice too. Tanks for the sharing this. Keep adding some more good stuff in your blog.