Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Edible Valentine Roses


Tonight is the January New Release at Papertrey Ink and this is my entry for this months Guest Star Stamper Contest. The catagory I am entering this project in is Valentine Treats. I started with a Large heart tin from PTI and following Debbie Olsons instructions I covered the tin with 2 different patterns of Razzberry Fizz Mix cardstock and Dark Chocolate Satin Ribbon. After that I lined the bottom of the tin with waxed paper and filled it with homemade mini Vegan Chocolate Cupcakes that I frosted with red icing then I decorated them with handmade roses using mini fruit roll ups and then I piped the leaves on.
After that I put the lid on and tied some Vintage Cream Satin ribbon in a bow on the upper right side of the tin then I cut out a heart from white coreboard using a Cuttlebug Babyfaced die and colored it with Raspberry Fizz Ink. I then stamped the Enjoy saying from the Mixed Messages set in the middle of the heart using Fresh Snow Ink. When the ink was dry I attached it to the middle of the bow with some Tombo Mono Multi glue. I had planned on entering one more project for the Forest Friends category but I have been dealing with ear problems the last couple of weeks and only had time to finish this one. Hopefully it will be good enough to be a winner tonight because once again there is way to much cool stuff being relased and I know I am going having a hard time sticking to my stamping budget. That's it for now. I hope to be back with more stamping projects to share soon. As always thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

3 comments:

Linda said...

Elegant tin and gorgeous roses.

Audrey said...

Loved the box and all that you did. Soooo much work! Would love the vegan cupcake recipe, want to share? Great valentine present.
I enjoy your blog, you and daughter and og are adorable!

Kimberly Crawford said...

Those are SO COOL, Terri!! What a clever idea!! I would have never thought of using roll ups!!
The tin is beautiful too-amazing job!!!!
Hope that your ear is better!!
((HUGS))
kimberly